Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a wired fm modulator to hook my iPod up, and I have a question. To avoid confussion...this IS NOT an fm transmitter. It directly connects to the antenna socket in the back of the head unit, and feeds the iPod signal directly through an FM frequency. It's a little better sound quality of a transmitter, but without the static.

Anyway, it says that I need to connect this thing to a power source (and not a 12v socket), and I have no idea how to wire this up. Can anyone shed some light on how to hardwire power?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
How many wires does it have/ require to connect?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do I connect to it? Isn't it in a wire harness? Sorry for the newbie questions, but I've never dealt with car audio installations before.

·
Read Only
554 Posts
Pep Boys sells something like what Enforcer has pictured for only a few bucks. All you need to do is plug into a fuse port to add a hotwire. Here are some pictures I posted on another thread some time ago on getting another hotwire for accessories. I plugged into the fuse slot for the interior lots (always hot). Plus I figured if anything went wrong (even when fuse protected), at most I'd lose interior lights as opposed to say brake lamps!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think easiest way would be to tap into the exisiting head unit wiring. Just find the wire for power.

If you are not confident with stripping back the insulation, just use some scotch locks to tap into the power wire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts