Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I opened my power lift gate with the button on the back of the liftgate above the license plate. It opened no problem. But then it wouldn't let me use the power button to close. I had to manually close it. About an hour into my ride home I was getting a high pitch sound coming from the rear of the car. From underneath I nder the bumper there is a box that is making this high pitch squealling sound. It wont stop. I was able to reach up and disconnect the plug on it. Could this be bad? What is it called. Is it a common issue?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe the tone is because it thinks the hatch is open. But not 100%. The real problem is I cannot open my liftgate powered. It only opens manually. Yes the glove box switch is in the on position. Yes the fob batteries are good. Can that glove box switch be bad, maybe. But I opened the liftgate with the Power button, and then went to close it but then it wouldn't close with the power button I had to Close it manually. I never touched the glove box switch. And nothing was done other than opening via power and then when I wine to close it it would only close manually.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After getting mine back from the last service, the lift gate would not automatically lift, but it would unlatch. The next day everything worked fine. Over Thanksgiving (Saturday), I heard a high pitched sound from behind the rear bumper. It was an alarm sound associated with the lift gate. By Monday AM, the high pitched noise quit, probably because the sensor died. When I took it to he dealer, I showed the Master Tech where I heard the noise and he immediately knew it was the lift gate alarm. I left the vehicle and they were able to get an error code that one of the lift arms was bad. Which makes sense because of the lift gate problem I had earlier. The diagnosis was $130, but my extended warranty will cover the diagnosis and replacement. The part took about a week to be ordered.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have this exact same problem. The problem won’t go away. I’ve been to the dealer about 5 times now. They’ll replace a module, reset it a bunch of times. Just document it and call Nissan consumer affairs for a buyback.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After getting mine back from the last service, the lift gate would not automatically lift, but it would unlatch. The next day everything worked fine. Over Thanksgiving (Saturday), I heard a high pitched sound from behind the rear bumper. It was an alarm sound associated with the lift gate. By Monday AM, the high pitched noise quit, probably because the sensor died. When I took it to he dealer, I showed the Master Tech where I heard the noise and he immediately knew it was the lift gate alarm. I left the vehicle and they were able to get an error code that one of the lift arms was bad. Which makes sense because of the lift gate problem I had earlier. The diagnosis was $130, but my extended warranty will cover the diagnosis and replacement. The part took about a week to be ordered.
How much was the repair? Not what you paid due to the extended warranty. You say your issue was the same as mine? What was the code given? I wonder if the lift gate arm is easy replace if I buy one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe the tone is because it thinks the hatch is open. But not 100%. The real problem is I cannot open my liftgate powered. It only opens manually. Yes the glove box switch is in the on position. Yes the fob batteries are good. Can that glove box switch be bad, maybe. But I opened the liftgate with the Power button, and then went to close it but then it wouldn't close with the power button I had to Close it manually. I never touched the glove box switch. And nothing was done other than opening via power and then when I wine to close it it would only close manually.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2016 Murano had the same screeching sound after the car was turned off. After reading the post checked the Tailgate turned it off in the glove compartment and pulled the fuse and it stopped. Very wet day today will put the fuse back in when it dries…Hope this Help someone else

1 - 8 of 8 Posts