Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Nissan Murano Platinum, and the power lift gate stopped working when you push the handle to open and the button on the button on the hatch to close, but the button up front by the steering wheel works.
What would the issue be if it’s just the buttons on the hatch itself?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think there is an override switch which would disable these buttons, I believe it's in the glove compartment box. I'd check that first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this exact problem on my 2018 with the power lift gate a few weeks ago. I also pulled the fuse from the panel by the driver door and it didn’t do anything. I had to take it to the dealership for them to do a hard reset. Not the reset of the infotainment system which I tried repeatedly. I asked how they did it and he said something about removing and then reinstalling the battery which I wasn’t interested in ever doing so I didn’t ask for any more details. But that fixed it.
Kodi nox

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem with our 2016 SL. Same issues with the tailgate only working with the option on the drivers dashboard. I accidentally turned off to switch in the glove box while moving things around, which caused the tailgate not to work. By simply turning the switch back on, all was back to normal. Hope this is an easy fix for you too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts