Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 awd Murane. Several times now I have found my power liftgate open when returning to my car. i'm sure it was closed when I left. all the doors are still locked when I come back. some how it must activate the liftgate by itself after some time. anybody heard/seen experienced this before?
Thank you.

·
The Phone Booth Fanatic
1,179 Posts
This has happened to me a few times too. Looser pants or placing the fob in a different pocket solved that problem. Poor design of buttons on the fob. With the fob in my front pants pocket, many times I set off the panic alarm when I squat down to check the tire pressure! :eek:

Hope this helps and take care!

Jim

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I have a 2009 awd Murane. Several times now I have found my power liftgate open when returning to my car. i'm sure it was closed when I left. all the doors are still locked when I come back. some how it must activate the liftgate by itself after some time. anybody heard/seen experienced this before?
Thank you.
My wife texted me at work this week telling me the liftgate was open on our 2012 when she went to get it in the garage. She asked me if I had opened it. I didn't and don't even have a fob. It was closed when I went to work, so the only thing I can figure is she hit the fob when getting it out of her purse in the kitchen and the liftgate opened.

I don't believe in ghosts! :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the messages. But I must be a reasonable amount of distance away from the car when it opens otherwise I would hear the "beep, beep, beep". so in principle I would be out of fob range.

I don't believe in ghosts either although the ghost season is getting close. But I do believe in an electrical short in one of the buttons of the car.

Regards,

Louis

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2009 awd Murane. Several times now I have found my power liftgate open when returning to my car. i'm sure it was closed when I left. all the doors are still locked when I come back. some how it must activate the liftgate by itself after some time. anybody heard/seen experienced this before? Thank you.
Yes. I have 2016 Nissan Rogue Open and shuts on its on. in the middle of the night. I am no where near to remote

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Yes. I have 2016 Nissan Rogue Open and shuts on its on. in the middle of the night. I am no where near to remote
This is a Murano forum...

Try disconnecting the negative battery terminal cable for several minutes. This may reset it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts