Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, has anyone installed the power slot for MO?
These are the slotted brake rotors and not drilled type which can warp and crack.

They finally got the right spec for MO. But, too bad not Cryo slotted rotors. If you did, will ya share some positive experience with em. I'm thinking to replace it on my next brake job.

http://www.powerslot.com/

NZM

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Nizmo said:
They finally got the right spec for MO. But, too bad not Cryo slotted rotors. NZM
Nizmo-

According to the Power Slot website:
"Any new Power Slot slotted brake rotor can be cryogenically treated prior to shipment. Allow 5-10 business days for processing."

So it looks like you can get the Power Slot Cryo for the MO. But why would you want to?

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Yep, as in the thread Enforcer linked to, if you look around on the net, you will find that most booed even the slotted and praised high quality "blanks"--no slots, no drill. They also used cooling hoses/shrouds for the rotors. I really don't see an effective place to put such a thing on the Mo, although, if it were seriously raced (which it never would be due to the COG) they would stick hoses on the driving light holes. That would be silly on a street Mo, plus, you would probably have to nix the washer reservoir.

I think you would be better off doing what others have: replacing their brake fluid with a higher boiling point fluid, and, some porterfield pads.

IMSA racers use BBS wheels that have covers over 85% of the ribs effectively making a centrifugal air pump out of each wheel to cool their rotors, also, they have ducted air supplies to a rotor shroud.

I think a lot of aftermarket racing stuff on a refined street vehicle
is getting kind of silly. It's almost to the point of putting NOS on a riding mower. WTF?

:confused:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why not? Better than drilled slotted rotor. About the same price or little more than stocks. Better looks and perfomance. But, you may do otherwise...

NZM

·
Registered
17 Posts
a better quality pad is better than replacing the rotor w/ slotted and drilled.

If you really want better stopping power, get bigger calipers.

drilled rotors will only wear out the pads faster.

unless comsetic is the reason your getting them, just get better pads.

I think the MO stops pretty good to be honest, It is a bit top heavy, so I don't know how much more stopping power you really want.

on a side note, I have seen more than a few power slots w/ spider web cracks around the cross drilled holes.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You don't just change rotor w/o the proper shoes to go with~
BTW drilled rotor is not recommended, but slotted does.
No need for bigger calipers either~ For what?
This mode is good enuff~

All Brake Products on Vehicle
Pads: Akebono ProACT Ceramic Pads or Hawk LTS TruckSUV Pads
Lines: stock
Calipers: stock
PowerSlot Cryo-Treated Rotor

NZM

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Nizmo-

My usual request... post pictures when you are done. Although I am not a fan of drilled/slotted rotors I do appreciate the look of a tastefully modified car.

-njjoe

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
njjoe said:
Nizmo-

My usual request... post pictures when you are done. Although I am not a fan of drilled/slotted rotors I do appreciate the look of a tastefully modified car.

-njjoe

Sure Joe, it won't be anytime soon, I still have some life left on those rotors/pad. But, I'll post the pics when it's done.

Tirerack has some good pads at good price. They are about the same as the stocks, but much less dust. I'm thinking to get the Akebono one.

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/resu...el=Murano+AWD+TPMS&autoYear=2003&autoModClar=

NZM

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
"Tirerack has some good pads at good price. They are about the same as the stocks, but much less dust."

How can that be?
The OEM are ceramic and i have little to no dust.

Homer

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I still like to put on new shoes on those Power Sluts~ :)

NZM

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you are still shopping for rotors, I would recommend at least looking into the Stainless Steel brake line.

When I was in the marker for more stopping power for my Dakota I found their products to be a little better quality and had much better feedback.

More food for thought, my local speed shop recommends turning the stock rotors and throwing a very aggressive pad at it as apposed to slotted/drilled rotors.

Just some ammo for ya from the research I did.

good luck and do keep us posted on what you get and your review.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts