Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have a genuine Nissan bottle of PS fluid from my 12 MO, but it doesn't say "epsf" it is red, and my fiance has a 15 MO that is very low. Would the fluid I have work? Part number 999mp-ag000p
Thank you
I personally would not use it. Break down and buy a bottle of fluid made for electronic power steering.

·
Registered
286 Posts
What are some equivalents? I've been looking online, but Nissan dealer is 30 mins away. AutoZone/oreilly, would they have anything?
I could not find an equivalent that I would trust. I bought a quart for my '17 Maxima from Amazon.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AKYOZ48/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have a 2017 Murano, 23k km and checked the fluid in the power steering, I looked at and it was dry, even the dip stick. According to spec I need to add oil, but I changed the motor oil at dealer and normally they should have added it, but it seems nothing was done. I find for a 23K km that power steering oil low not normal.

Do I need to start the engine turn wheels left and right and check the level. tia

·
Registered
302 Posts
I checked the Power steering fluid while car was on, and I noticed on the dip stick, the end(1/8) was wet with oil. Is that OK. tia

21 - 27 of 27 Posts