Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great weekend we are having weather wise... almost 60° today with great sun. I rolled down both front windows and was enjoying the wind... then I rolled them backup.

I noticed the driver's side window made a clunking noise while rolling up. Looking closer at it I noticed that when the window is about half way up you can push the window down about 2-3 inches before resistance is felt. The driver's side doesn't do this nor is it making noises.

I guess something is loose/broken in the door.

I'll call the dealer tomorrow and schedule a repair. Has any body else had this happen to them?

I'm curious what is wrong with it.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
I had this happen. They had to adjust the tracks, which was not covered under warranty because I was well past the "adjustment period".

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No really... I've got an appointment on Thursday. This had better be covered under warranty... I'll see what happens.

I'm not buying its an adjustment thing. Who ever heard that you have to adjust your windows periodically. "I don't see that in the manual, must be a defect from the start"

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
I agree that it was like that from the start, but I think it's still an adjustment. That particular window on mine (front passenger) was slower to roll up than all the others right from day one. I should have had them look at it right away.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a call from the dealer... its fixed (thank goodness, I was afriad of the old, CNR")

Thye told me that a bolt had broken off from the window regulator motor.... perhaps over toqued from the factory. He didn't know but said it was fixed and covered under warranty.

Shift_easy :p

My baby is fixed... now I need just find some time to wax and clean the engine compartment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts