Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searching and I see similar issues, but not exactly the problem I have now.

I have an 06 Murano and for a few weeks the Auto Power window up would go up about a 1/3 then back down. I would have to hold the manaul switch to force it up. From what I read, this would be an issue with the regulator.

Now it's comletely stuck in that 1/3 position and will not go up or down. Nothing happens when I press the switch in either direction and I don't hear anything. All the other windows work and I assume the share the same fuse.

I'll probably have a cold drive home, but does anyone think this could be the motor failing altogether or anything else? I'm pretty indimidated to get the door panel off, let alone the motor with the window stuck in the "almost all the way down" position

Thanks.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I saw them but the windows at least move. Mine is completely stuck.

I was just going to replace the motor and regulator until I saw the motor is $350 from the dealer and Regulator is about $150 (ouch!)

I'm about to go test them, any ideas how to do that?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update for anyone intersted:

I manged to separate the motor from the regulator and when I pressed the swicth I heard a click somewhere and the motor was getting hot - but that's it, no movement. I then took pliers and manually turned the motor and now it works again! I do hear some kind of "pause" type of noise every second that it's held on so I assume the motor is on it's way out. For the price of the motor I'll see how long it lasts and will keep a lookout for the best place to purchase one. I'd wrather avoid a salvage yard if possible, does anyone have a site they might recommend?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
12,664 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another update:

I managed to put everything back together, and once I did the window moved very slow and even stopped a few times. It seems inevitable that the motor is bad now and I am just thanking my lucky stars that I was able to get the window up. At least I can drive the car now until I get my hands on a motor.

Based on some research I am speculating that the back drivers side motor is the same, can anyone confirm?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey Hazardous,
I have the exact year and problem as what you described. Can I ask what did you end up doing? Sorry to revive this old thread, but it seems like our cars break down at the worst time. Had to drive home tonight with the window down 2/3rd of the way and it was 34 degrees!!!! THX

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
That post was 8 years ago. The poster may not be here any longer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know, was just trying my luck to pin point how to tell if it’s the motor or the switch problem. I see that amazon carry these regulator with motor for around $60 now.
hey there 06 i am having the exact same issue, I replaced the regulator and motor (with used ones) but to no avail. Can you please tell me how you fixed yours?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I replaced everything including the switch so if anyone has any suggestions please advise me on waht to do because I am stuck here.....:(

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Check if the harness connector end has power. Get a cheap multimeter and have someone turn on the power window switch while you have your leads connected to harness.

Used window regulator assembly? You sure its working?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I believe it's getting power because there is a clicking sound and all of the other windows fuction normally. Even after replacing everything it's doing the same thing as before.but i will check that for good measure as well. Thanks

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Window regulator assembly usually fails because of worn out plastic parts due to the cable rubbing to it. The motor usually still works but either the cables gets chewed into the winder or somehow gets out of alignment. NO other fix but to replace the entire assembly. If your old assembly looks good. You can test it by giving it power- 12 volts.

·
Registered
182 Posts
hey there 06 i am having the exact same issue, I replaced the regulator and motor (with used ones) but to no avail. Can you please tell me how you fixed yours?
Hi Sikethemanchez, that’s exactly what I was afraid of. So I went ahead and bought the whole assembly from amazon (regulator and motor) and swap it out. I figured for less than $100, it’s better than me keep going back in there.
Also when snapping all the plastic wire harness clips back in the metal door, I made sure I had a little piece of duct tape to dampen any sound. Since on mine the original rubber grommets were dry rotted already. Just make sure that the hard plastic clips are not touching any metal to create noises.
This video had all the instructions, step by step. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts