Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The "Auto" function for the power windows works fine when lowering the windows but not to close them. This part seemed to stop working after i changed the battery but I'm not exactly sure when. The owners manual just says that this feature is an option but nothing on how to possibly re-set it, and why does one direction work but not the other??

·
Registered
284 Posts
The "Auto" function for the power windows works fine when lowering the windows but not to close them. This part seemed to stop working after i changed the battery but I'm not exactly sure when. The owners manual just says that this feature is an option but nothing on how to possibly re-set it, and why does one direction work but not the other??
There is an initialization procedure that is supposed to be performed whenever the battery is disconnected. Go to the nicoclub forums and find the service manual for your car (...you never specified the year/trim). The procedure is described in the file named "PWC" in the first few pages.

https://nicoclub.com/nissan-service-manuals

Let us know if this fixes the problem.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Roll them all the way down, then up, and hold the up position on the switch for about 15 seconds after they're all the way up. Do this for both sides. This worked for me.
This is the answer. It's a way to reset it. A lot of cars are like this.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yes, it works because that is the initialization procedure, although you don't have to hold the switch that long. ;) The OP should still check that the anti-pinch function works properly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I changed my battery over the weekend and have the same issue, I thought I was mistaken and it'd never been "auto up", so I'm glad I've seen this now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Roll them all the way down, then up, and hold the up position on the switch for about 15 seconds after they're all the way up. Do this for both sides. This worked for me.
so my passenger side works
and my driver side doesn't

would i still need to do it on both sides?

also previously when i tried something similar the window just wouldnt roll back up for a while

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
Philip
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing