Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer is supposed to perform a PDI on each new vehicle sold. Sometimes things get lost in the shuffle though. This won't be all inclusive, but it's a start. Here are some tips on inspecting your new MO upon purchase.

1. Tire Pressure. Ensure each tire has the recommended amount of Tire Pressure.

2. Cargo Net. The cargo net should be in the left rear storage compartment along with a front license plate bracket.

3. Protective Plastic Coverings. Many of the aluminum accents have protective plastic coverings.

4. Keys and Manual. Your new MO comes with two master keys (black), two keyfobs and a valet key (red) and an owners manual with 50 state lemon law guide.

5. Accessories. Make sure that all the accessories that are listed are actually installed. Things like floor mats wind deflectors etc.

6. Fit & Finish. Carefully look over the fit and finish of the exterior and interior. Look for scrapes, scratches, cuts or gaps. This includes the rear hatch, doors, sunroof, and hood.

7. Operation. Operate all doors, hood and rear hatch, glove box center console, stereo (take a CD and Casette along), lights, AC, and other options if equipped. The salesman is supposed to go through everything with you. It's a good idea to download the Operators Manual on the Knowledge Base page and familiarize yourself with all the controls first. Let them show you how everything works, and point out things they missed. You want to make sure everything works. Don't take it for granted.

8. When your done, drive it. Find a rough road and check for squeaks, rattles, pulling left or right etc. Also check the displays and ensure there are no errors. If you have the tire pressure monitor system, make sure it shows the individual tire pressures. And don't forget to test the lights even in daytime and the emergency brake.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Awesome. I'll print this out and bring it with me when I take delivery. I really hate spending more time at a dealer than is absolutely necessary. Some of the cars I bought, I felt I knew the car better than the sales guy who was supposed to show me how to use it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
One more thing to check. There is a tow hook that installs just under the grill on the right side of the car that I believe is used to hoist the car on the truck and secure it. It should be removed (and stored in the compartments beside the spare) and, most importantly, a plastic cover installed to cover the attachment point. It will then match the other side of the car. This is something my dealer forgot to do on my transfer from another dealer.

Bob

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks...

:crazyeye:

I have an 04 on order and will receive it in November. This page has given me a lot of info to walk into the dealer with. Thanks people...... Can't wait to get the call, now I just have to come up with some sort of sickness so I can call in sick from work when it comes, any ideas? WAITING!!!!!!1

·
Registered
438 Posts
You might consider forgetting that wait time and get an '03. I bought a new one last week for my wife at 1000 below invoice (not MSRP, invoice).

·
Registered
15 Posts
rwmiller said:
One more thing to check. There is a tow hook that installs just under the grill on the right side of the car that I believe is used to hoist the car on the truck and secure it. It should be removed (and stored in the compartments beside the spare) and, most importantly, a plastic cover installed to cover the attachment point. It will then match the other side of the car. This is something my dealer forgot to do on my transfer from another dealer.

Bob
Same thing happened to me. I can't get the salesman to call me back on that. I'm hanging on to that survey until he does!

SL FWD, Pewter/Cabernet, all the extras except DVD

·
Registered
8 Posts
Halo said:
You might consider forgetting that wait time and get an '03. I bought a new one last week for my wife at 1000 below invoice (not MSRP, invoice).

I originally got an excellent offer on an 03, everything, cold package, nav, premium, dynamic control, SL with awd, for $34,207. I even got an aftermarket dvd player for the rear, installed by them. They didn't have an 03 Black with graphite interior with nav. The dealer told me he would honor that price on an 04 and all I would have to do was to pay the difference, I'm assuming a couple hundred dollars. Its on order, thought it was a good deal seeing the list was $39,707.:cool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Enforcer said:
I'd nail them for it in the survey anyhow. I'd also call 1-800-NISSAN1 if the dealer doesn't take care of it.

That's a good one guys. That would have never dawned on me. I thought the car haulers were drive on/off?
I guess I'm going to have to call NISSAN afterall. I just got off the phone with the General Manager of the dealership where I bought the car and apparently once you buy a car from them, they don't want to hear from you!

They are trying to tell me that the little black plastic cover for the tow hook opening is $150, and that since I paid $1000 under invoice for the car they can't just give it to me. Besides, he said, you've had the car for a month! I said I bought it on the 19th and I've been trying to reach the salesman about this since the 29th! Then he said "you're the type of person who inspects every inch of the car." I guess he was insinuating that after 7 hours at the dealeraship I would have noticed this almost hidden piece of equipment was missing. Then he said it probably fell off the car. I said that was then his responsibility for not installing it properly (if indeed it was ever on the car to begin with).

He was very dismissive of me and when I mentioned that I hadn't filled out the survey yet, he said, okay, bring me the survey and I'll give you the part. I'm calling Nissan, this just isn't right.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just spoke with a Nissan parts guy who knows how to do his job. He quoted me $4.50 for the part my dealer said was $150. If only my dealer took the time out from telling me off to actually listen to what I was asking for, he might still have a satisfied customer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I found him on an Ebay auction. He works for a dealership in Minnesota. I purchased a rear bumper skid plate on the the auction. The dealership is Wayzata Nissan.

·
hail 2 the snail
775 Posts
Mo is Me said:
I found him on an Ebay auction. He works for a dealership in Minnesota. I purchased a rear bumper skid plate on the the auction. The dealership is Wayzata Nissan.
i bought the cover too... wayzata nissan also....

good deal, quick delivery....

30m to my door

·
Registered
34 Posts
I dont see the cargo net in the trunk. According to the manual, this item appears to be optional. Is this incorrect?
Also, I wasnt able to find the tow hook under the front bumper. Maybe it was never installed.
Thanks.

·
hail 2 the snail
775 Posts
Enforcer said:
Cargo net should be in the left rear cubby hole wrapped up with a rubber band around it (that's how mine was). [/B]

(with front license plate adapter)....................

i now have two cargo nets (dealer gave me another when we didnt see the 'hidden' one......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts