Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I recently bought a new Murano 2005 SL AWD with touring package & the dealer installed a after market Audiovox 10" DVD system as well on the roof which flips down. I came to know later that this Murano is pre-wired for thr DVD. Now I want to use the pre-wiring & connect my DVD player to it because the DVD as of now uses the modulator to get the sound through the speakers which is not that clear. I also tried to locate the pre-wiring in the vehicle but couldn't find it. Can anyone suggest where can I find this & how can I proceed to use my DVD with the existing pre-wiring. Appreciate your help in advance!!

Thanks & Regards,
KKCT.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Murano DVD wires are in the center console, not in the roof. And even the OEM DVD system uses FM modulation to work. There is no hard wire to the audio system. The only way to hardwire the DVD player to the audio system is by using a PAC Audio interface. You must NOT have satellite because PAC Audio connects to the radio in its place. Do a search on PAC Audio. It has been discussed at least a million times! :2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Zebel,

Thanks for the reply..By the way whats a OEM DVD player. Is that a different brand name? Do you mean to say that the Nissan factory DVD player also uses the FM modulator to work ??

Thanks,
KKCT

·
Registered
255 Posts
OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer. Yes, there are wires under the center console, but they are for an FM modulated system as well. You got a better screen and you get to keep your center console storage for all the DVDs you want to play. I'd leave it alone unless you want to hook up some RCA cables to a PAC adapter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Rixmo,

Thanks for the reply !! So now I understand that even a Nissan factory made DVD also uses the FM modulator as well as the DVD pre-wiring means that its pre-wired for the DVD to work with the FM Modulator. Please let me know if I am wrong here. In this case, I would leave it as it is as I have a 10" DVD player & I don't want wires hanging over inside my Murano. But this at times blocks the rear view..any suggestions for that??
Also I have the Murano now fully loaded except the NAV & rear-view camera. I would like to add these also to my Car. I dont want any messy wires to be in the Car. Any suggestions which NAVs will be good for this??

Thanks,

KKCT.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
KKCT said:
...I would leave it as it is as I have a 10" DVD player & I don't want wires hanging over inside my Murano. But this at times blocks the rear view..any suggestions for that??
I don't understand. Are you saying that the wires for the DVD player are exposed?

You cannot add factory Navigation to Murano as it will cost alot more than it is worth ($5,000 to $7,000). You are better off with an aftermarket navigation. Each have their pros and cons so it would depend on your preferences. You may want to read "Nav & GPS: thread.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Zebel,

No..the wires of my current DVD are not hanging..its pretty clean sitting on the rooftop. But I just wanted to confirm that if a Nissan Murano comes with a built in DVD system, do they also use the FM modulator. Also murano pre-wired for DVD - Does this pre-wiring mean that its pre-wired for the DVD to work with the FM Modulator. Please lemme know. Thanks again !!

Regards,
KKCT.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
KKCT said:
Hi Zebel,

No..the wires of my current DVD are not hanging..its pretty clean sitting on the rooftop. But I just wanted to confirm that if a Nissan Murano comes with a built in DVD system, do they also use the FM modulator. Also murano pre-wired for DVD - Does this pre-wiring mean that its pre-wired for the DVD to work with the FM Modulator. Please lemme know. Thanks again !!

Regards,
KKCT.
From what I understand, the "pre-wiring" for the factory DVD is for the power only. Controls are through buttons right on the DVD player, or through a remote control. There car is prewired for power so if you find the right plugs, you can probably just connect your DVD player to them But since audio is through FM modulator, there are no wires for that. The DVD player is mounted inside the center console while the screen sits over the center console, that is why the factory wires run to the center console.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got it thanks much Zebel !!

I am clear now. Another thing I wanted to know when I drive my new Murano, I feel that there are some minor vibrations in the Car..doesn't drive that smooth....not sure if it drives that way or is something wrong with it. Possible that the car may be ok..Im just feeling that way..any thoughts? Also, I have heard that some muranos have a alternator problem & they are being recalled. I just wanted to make sure my vehicle is not one of them. Any way to check that?

Thanks,
KKCT.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Check the board for alternator failure threads. There are ranges of VIN numbers that have been posted. Yours is not affected unless it falls within the range.

For vibration, check your tire pressure first. If within specs, I would take it to dealer for wheel balance. They should do it free if you have less than 12,000 miles. Rattles and tics are normal for a Murano! Excessive rattle and tic is covered by some of the TSBs, which you can also find on this board. Check the "problems" thread. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts