Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's a survey area somewhere on this site for the great gas controversy, but since I'm not sure where it is, I'll post my unscientific info here. For the first 1000 miles I used regular. Then I zeroed out all the trip settings, etc., and drove for about 1700 miles at an average speed of about 38 mph using only regular. Result? 23.0 mpg. The dealer told me I would get max performance with premium (don't really care about that - more interested in mileage), and that he had several customers who found using premium increased their mileage by enough to more than offset the price diff. of the gas. So, for the next 1700 miles I used only premium. 38.3 ave mph, and....23.0 mpg. Lesson? I just spent about $25 finding out that premium makes no difference.

FYI -
gibby26

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Not too meaningful. Car is nowhere near broken in yet.

@$3/gal premium makes a lot more sense since the 20c difference is a smaller percentage

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
i am not sure about city driving, but on hwy i got higher mileage using mid-grade. i got about 490 km on a full tank and then i got to a station which had mid and regular at same price (i dont know why) so i put in the mid-grade and for sure i got about 620 km with same amount of gas in my car. hence, mid-grade did increased mileage.

again, these are the hwy figures, with 3 days old oil change on an 2003 MO.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm going on a roadtrip next month and will do my own test. I will post the results. I think I may start with premium as I do not want to pay for the expensive gas coming back from FL. They are already a ripoff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts