Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was quoted by the dealer to buy a prepaid maintenace for $1538.00 which covers 6 years / 75,000 miles.

It's the gold preferred /premium maintenace plan which does exactly whatever is listed under the premium maintenace in the service and maintenance guide up to 75,000 miles only.

Any suggestions???

Thanks
tch

·
Registered
255 Posts
I think it is the extended warranty/maintenance plan. Sounds a bit steep. If you want it I would try to haggle them for it. I have the dealer cost information at home and will post it this evening or tomorrow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, Inichol.
The dealer charged me $200 over their cost, according to the book he showed me.

tch

·
Registered
243 Posts
Gold preffered, Is it not just extended warranty. For fixing the covered items if these fail. Not sure these cover maintainance items like oil changes and stuff ??

·
Registered
76 Posts
i got extended warranty, somehting like the one you said.. its a good deal, one of the goodies from what i remember is unlimited oil changes as long as you own your MO !! and free courtesy car, usually i get a G35 cause at my dealer its a combined nissan/infiniti dealership..
lots more included in that warranty, dont remmeber some! but i could check if you want

·
Registered
43 Posts
The package tch is asking about is the prepaid service agreement. This agreement is NOT an extended warranty. It is an agreement by Nissan to perform all routine maintenance for the first 6 years/75000 miles. I repeat, IT DOES NOT EXTEND STANDARD MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY PERIOD OR COVERAGE!

Sorry for yelling.

I bought this agreement when I purchased my MO. I paid $1350 for the 4 year/60000 mile Gold Preferred SERVICE AGREEMENT. This agreement covers all routine maintenance items, including oil changes during the coverage interval. It also includes a 1 day rental car reimbursement for the 15K, 30K, 45K, and 60K services.

My service agreement papers came in the mail today, and I noticed that the service agreement can be canceled for a full refund minus a fee of $35 any time during the first 60 days. After that, the refund amount is pro-rated.

I am not sure the service agreement is worth the cost. Besides, I think I overpaid. Does anyone have any comments on actual costs for the 15K or 30K services?

I have 2 weeks to make up my mind before the 60 day period expires!

·
Registered
27 Posts
So is this the gold preferred service plan?

What does it include?

kga

·
Registered
27 Posts
So is this the gold preferred service plan?

What does it include?

kga

Not sure how I got a double post. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Can anyone tell me about the Security Plus Gold preferred package please. It looks like an extended warranty. Is it worth the $1500 they are wanting for it?
I am just not sure if anything is going to break before 100K
that will justify this.

I am just not sure what to do.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

kga

1 - 9 of 9 Posts