Nissan Murano Forum banner

Price - Almost have a deal

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Chezman29 
#1 ·
Is 33K even a good deal for a 04 2WD SL with Nav, DVC, sunroof, mats and cargo cover! Thanks in advance

#2 ·
i Got mine in New Jersey for 32,633 but it is AWD

not sure for your neck of the woods what the MO's are going for, but find out what the invoice price is and try to get it below that.

I heard that its about $500-800 below with your options

Good Luck

#3 ·
Unless you are in the car business you will never know the actual price paid, because even invoice does not include kick backs they get for volume of sales and other incentives from the manufacturer that the general public never knows about. Over the years I have bought many cars for my family and have found that if you take the sticker price and subtract the destination fee, and then can negotiate anywhere from 8-10% off that price you are doing well. I just bought my Mo a few days ago and after a good bit of haggling got 8.8%, which equaled over $3,400 off. Maybe I could have gotten more, but the dealer has to make their $ too! I was pleased with the final price. Of course if your car of choice is hard to find, the above info is null and void...they may even charge above sticker!

#4 ·
Well Nissan's hold back is 2.75% of the dealer invoice price. So if you take the invoice price of say $33,000 the dealer is making about $900 from your deal. If you let them know that you know the invoice price and the hold back, they will either tell you to leave or sell the car to you for a couple hundred below.

I went to 3 places, until I got a deal I was happy with, about $500 below invoice, and they still made $400 on the deal.

You will also get the run around with the color and options you want, but many dealers will swap cars to get you the one you want.

Also If I were you I would wait till the last week on the month. Dealers are more willing to sell. They need to keep their monthly numbers up, and sometimes will sell a car at cost or a couple hundred profit.

If you post all the options you are getting, I can give you a better Idea of the prices you will be looking at.

#5 ·
damn, I just purchased 04 Murano SL 2wd with Touring pkg,sunroof deflector, cargo area protector, floor mats, tow hitch, front window tints, those strip thingy that goes front to back side, wheel lock, and some stuff they put into paint and leather so it will stay "new look" longer(it comes with 5 yr warranty too I think) for $31,436- and that was right at invoice price. Looks like I got a crappy deal compare to MATRIX.... b/c I don't have NAV nor AWD..... by the way Im at Dallas, TX

#6 ·
MRQ, you did not get a crappy deal, if you paid invoice. I am just saying, that if you have time and can shop around you should be able to get a great deal on the Mo's

Nissan isnt selling what they would like to in the Mo's so i guess they are telling dealers to start to make deals. But most will wait till the end of the month to post higer sales.

It also depends on you market area, I am in the NYC area and many dealers here work together to share inventory, so if they dont have a car on the lot it is not hard for them to locate one and swap it out(as they did with mine) I had several places tell me the Mo setup I am looking for, I should be paying sticker for. I told them thank you for their time and left. Most of them are amazed when you would out of the dealership. They call you on the phone all the time :) Your best weapon against the dealers are your legs :)

I am not sure about TX, but if the MO's are in short supply, and you picked a popular setup, than the price you paid is very good.

If anyone wants info on buying a MO, send me a pm and I will give you some personal info based on what you are looking for.

#9 ·
Go to:

www.kbb.com

Look up yours and add all the options. You will see the dealer cost. Then "you" can decide if they are giving you a good price.

I paid $400 over invoice listed at KBB.com for mine. I was happy with the price. It was not a cake walk though.

If I never had to nigotiate on a new car again in my life, it would be too soon!

Matthew

#11 ·
I just bought a 2003 Murano and just used the KBB just to double check and make sure that what I was told was correct in that I was paying $400 over invoice and indeed I did.
I of course already did my homework with Consumer reports and a bunch of other researh. But it always feels good to know for sure that you did get what you where intending to.
We payed $33118 AND invoice was $32678, so not a bad deal. Not to mention I had him throw in discounts on stuff from the parts guys.
Chez

Just like last year too when I bought my fully loaded 4runner for 35800, and sticker was 39200. I was in and out in an hour with 0 down and 3.9% financing.
This was just as painless as that purchase. Its always good to do your homework.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.