Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what should I expect to pay-on the Titan they said $500 over invoice-what about the MO-thanx

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Ckat...murano can be bpught at invoice or even lower at invoice last year

Yet this year, knowing that the murano is a hot stuff, i am not too sure one can get a murano at lower than invoice anymore..

Fyi, i bought my 2003 SL AWD mine last year (almost end of year), got around $700 under invoice *and* maintenance coupon book worth around $500

Someone from this forum who buys 04 model might give better polls on murano price.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
When I purchased my Murano in June 2003, I was very aggressive at negotiating and got it for $1200 under invoice. I think it would be difficult to get a deal like that now, but you should be able to get it for close to invoice (over or under) if you shop around. Do not impulse buy and do not visit the dealer before they commit to a price. I did my vehicle search on the Nissan website which shows dealer inventories, and I emailed and called the dealer for price quotes. As you can see, my homework and patience paid off!

·
Registered
443 Posts
You can also try some of the online buying services for prices and use THOSE as a starting off point. I got an 03 in October for 1000 below inv.

www.carsdirect.com shows them for about 500 below invoice... use that as a bargaining chip.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was quoted $500 under invoice right off the bat for the MO. Took it. I paid $500 over invoice for my altima bc I was stuck at a certain dealer that had the only MT in the area. So I took it, but got a lower interest rate than they were currently offering at the time...so it made up the difference.

Depends on the dealer...keep trying. One in my area offered $500 over and $500 to locate the car bc they didn't have it. The second dealer gave me $500 under and had it on the lot. They all are different from my experiences.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Titans are available from CarMax.com for as little at $50 under invoice (on a base level stripper MSRP of $23,260, Invoice $21,054, Deal price $19,998) to ~$600 under invoice (Top of the Line MSRP $39,140, Invoice $35,230, Deal Price $34,598).

I've used their web site printouts quite frequently as a great tool to start the buying process at my local dealer(s) "Beat this and I'll buy Today!".

The only CarMax Nissan dealer in the US today is in Washington DC but what's a one way plane ticket going to cost you?

Road Trip!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I was lucky and got mine for dealers cost. They first started out with wanting to sell it to me for $100 over cost but I was waivering because I still wanted to look around. You need to understand that it can be all about timing with the cost you pay. I was lucky they were having a big sale exclusively for some credit union people who were pre approved for auto loans but nobody showed up, so I was the only prospect. I've heard you can usually convince them on any vehicle to pay $500 over invoice, its just about how firm you are with your negotiations.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Now is a really good time to negotiate for a new 04 MO - but ONLY if you take what's in stock. We're late in the 04 model year. Factory production is about to shift over to model year 2005 (if it hasn't already). Dealers have to get rid of stock in the next three months (including vehicles already built and awaiting transport from Japan or already on container ships). The later you wait into the summer, the better the deal you can probably swing. But the trade off is that the exact Mo you want may not be in stock the later you wait. It will pay to search dealer inventories and negotiate a price based off of invoice prices obtained on the internet. A dealer with more Mo's will probably be more anxious to deal than one with only a few. You can also take a gamble on the fact that a vehicle en route that does not appear on the dealers 45 day out listing may be the one you want and wait a bit there as well.

BTW - do NOT confuse invoice price with dealer cost. The two are very very different. Even at invoice price, a dealer makes money from holdbacks (typically 2% to 3% of the invoice price that the manufacturer pays back to a dealer when the car is sold), incentives from the manufacturer, rebates or other enticements the buying public may never know. Case in point, I got my 04 Mo for about $200 over invoice when ordered in January 04. The dealer left me alone with his file and I happened to see a work sheet that outlined how much the dealer was making off of my deal. Even at "just" $200 over invoice, my dealer came away with just over $2,000 in profit from holdbacks and incentives. This deal was signed off by the sales manager and I got an eyeful about the real prices of the Mo for the dealer. Did I resent the profit he made? No way. I got a fair price and the dealer certainly deserved to make a profit - afterall, he was in a business to make money. He wasn't a philanthropist giving away cars.

·
Canadian MO
56 Posts
Murano 2004 SL

I purchase my Murano 2004 SL White, beige interior w/outthe sunroof, (base model) I paid 39000cdn even, with PDI..
:8: I'm not too sure if this was a great deal.. One thing for sure, this is my last Murano... The service Sucks big time..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts