Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around for a Murano, was thinking about leasing but just had a used one offered to me, I was wondering if people might comment as to how good a deal it seems.

The car is a 2004 SL, pretty much base model, AWD in Orange. Condition is good, it will be a certified car once it has been through the shop. Only downside is it's an ex-rental car with about 30,000 miles on it.

Price is said to be "about" $24,000, does that seem reasonable to you? It matches up well with Kelley BB it seems but who knows what to go on these days.

I'm told that to extend the warranty to bumper to bumper for 6 years (instead of just powertrain) miht be arounf $1,000, does that seem right?

Chris.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Price seems a little high to me for a base model. I think I paid 27 for a brand new base model Murano a year ago and I probably paid too much. There is a member on this Forum who has an 04 for sale with less miles and more packages, I think it is an SE with HID. His is 25K. I think he is in New Jersey though. Personally I would search out via Autotrader.com and look in your zip code area. Don't always go by the price listed though because obviously it is negotiable. Also see if that is the bottom line price on the Sunlit Copper Model you are looking at. Good luck with your decision and welcome to the Forum!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just read a post on another forum where someone was offered a 2005 S for $24888.00 (take it or walk). That puts the $24k for this one in perspective as a sticker/starting price. I think an offer around $20k maybe but not $24k.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Edmunds

I checked Edmunds for TMV price and actually they seem to be pretty close for Dealer retail. I used a Boston Zip code on a used 2004 Base Murano and it came up with 24.5 K. You could always offer 24K and ask that they include the Extended Warranty since the one your looking at only has 6K left on Manufacturers Warranty.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that, I got the same on Kelley. I guess that is still sticker so they would hopefully go down a little. I guess they just hold their value really well though, not great as a buyer but I'm sure I'll be thrilled with that fact if and when I buy.

If someone is getting a new 05 S for close to $26k I think I'd want this below 22 really otherwise I may as well ante up the extra and go new, and get killed on tax..!

Chris.

·
Registered
758 Posts
ukchris

I can't say as I blame you. In that price range if I had to spend 2K more over 5 years or so to get new, I most definitely would. Good Luck. Remember it doesn't hurt to ask the dealer for a lower price, all they can do is say No.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
ukchris said:
I may as well ante up the extra and go new, and get killed on tax..!
Don't know your finances but IRS now let's you deduct either state tax or sales tax. It worked for me since I bought two new cars in 2004...It may work for you too. Just save the receipts for everything you buy in 2005 and pay a sales tax on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now considering an '03 SL, is there anything bad to watch out for on earlier Muranos that I should be concerned about or are they all pretty much equivalent?

Chris.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts