Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just picked up my '05 Murano AWD S at a local dealer here in MN for $26,900. I just got the base model that came w/ floor mats, mud guards, and cargo net. According to Edmunds, I got an awesome deal. I was just wondering what all of your thoughts were. Like any major purchase, we always look for some type of validation that we made the right decision. Did I get a good deal?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sounds like it..

we got our S FWD with convenience package and mats (also tint) for 26300. Thats 100 over invoice. And AWD adds a pretty penny so sounds like you did your homework.

BTW it was so hard dealing with Nissan, we had a high pressure dealership, and they kept trying to play games with us. Thier first price was like 1000 over MSRP!! After I told them I knew invoice was 26200 and wouldnt pay more than 500 over, they came back again with 200 over MSRP!!!

So we walked (It already took 2 hours to get them down to MSRP).

But they, of course, wouldnt let us walk. I told them I was dead serious about buying, and had a new Z to prove it.

But the games are stupid...

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was really strange that the first offer they gave us was the best offer I found out there. I really couldn't use my magic of negotiation on an already great price. Are you from Mpls area? Which Nissan dealer did you go to? We went to Kline in Maplewood.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW - If you are from the area, I hope you didn't go to Burnsville, cuz the internet sales manager is a biatch!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Coness said:
BTW - If you are from the area, I hope you didn't go to Burnsville, cuz the internet sales manager is a biatch!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL, no I am from Austin, TX.

Consider yourself incredibally lucky you didnt have to go through what we did.

Took us 3.5 hours, and my wife flipped out and started yelling at the salesman in the middle of the lobby at one point.

I dont blame her, the games they play are ridiculous. They make you sit and wait for 45 minutes to get a quote back from the manager. They do this over and over to wear you out.

But worn out or not I was not going to pay that ridiculous price.

Either they sell me the car for my price or they sell it to someone else. Thats what I told them, and apparantly they wanted to sell it right then to me!

When I bought my Z it wasnt so bad. Took 30 minutes of negotiating and I got it for 500 over invoice, which is pretty good for a 350Z

·
Registered
47 Posts
ZBoy said:

Took us 3.5 hours... They make you sit and wait for 45 minutes to get a quote back from the manager. They do this over and over to wear you out...

I know exactly what you mean, i spent 3 hrs each on two days talking them down. On the second day i got fed up with the "Hold on let me check" BS that i just followed the salesguy to the sales managers office and asked if they wanted to continue on their aerobics program for the sales guy where he jumps up every few minutes to go over to the manager - or if they are prepared to make a deal. After that it went a lot better.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well the third time I told the salesman (who insisted he didnt play any games) that if he took more than 5 minutes to confirm our deal that I would leave. Its funny that we ended up getting up and walking three times...

well it wasnt so funny then...

·
Registered
747 Posts
ZBoy

Your wife sounds alot like mine, she has no tolerance for the "game", and the older I get the less tolerance I have as well. I have found on my last few purchases that if you deal with the Internet manager or the Fleet Manager (often the same person) that it goes much quicker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts