Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 04, and it was pulling to the left. So I took it to the dealer and they ran alignment and said it was good. But they said something was wrong with left tire so they moved it to the right side and said it is straight now.

Took it home and now the car is pulling to the right! The problem has switched sides. What should I tell the dealer to do? Get me a new tire? They said it was a problem because of new radials or something like that?

·
Registered
78 Posts
When I had my 04 tires rotated at the dealer, they called me and told me it needed a front end alignment. One tire was noticibly cupped on the edge after 8k miles. If they switched tires and the problem followed, then the problem is in the tire. They may send you to the Good Year Store. Nissan doesn't warranty the tires.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Nissan provides free alignment for one year. Make sure they don't charge you for it.There is also a TSB out on steering rack not being tourqed correctly affecting allignment.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I agree with the above posts, if the wheel cannot be balanced due to a bad tire, then you'll have to go to Goodyear (hope there is a store near you) to get a replacement under warranty.

However, its also possible the dealer did a lousy job with the alignment. I would ask for a printout of the alignment before and after measurements to make sure they are within factory specs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had my murano in last week it was pulling to the left.they took it to firestone (they said there's was broke) rotate balanced and aligned it and guess what. still pulls.left rear tire is cupped.
These guys are driving me nutts.

04 SE AWD Pewter

Loggerdude

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took it back to the dealer for 1k checkup. Told them that it pulled left, than right. Now I am going to goodyear tires today to have them check the tire. I am not optimistic since I'm not sure what they are going to do. I feel like I will get the run-around.

What is the normal "pull" for a vehicle due to road crown? My car starts staright but noticeably pulls to the right after 2-3 seconds. However, I do notice when I am in the far left lanes on the highway, the car does go to the left and I can see the road crown on these lanes.

However in the right lanes, it just seems to pull way too much. I feel like my hand is constantly fighting the steering wheel.

Would this qualify as a lemon law in California if not resolved?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
California does have have more aggresively crowned roads (I remember it took a few tries to get my lowered Maxima aligned correctly). I remember eventually getting camber bolts to get the perfect alignment. This does not apply to the stock Murano.

However, a good shop with the newest Hunter tool will align your car properly. Did the dealer perform the steering bolt TSB yet? Did they give you a print out of your alignment specs? All the alignments in the world will not correct your tracking issue if the steering bolt is loose.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car is a brand new 04 murano and I wasn't aware of any steering bolt issue? Is this something I need to ask for or is this a recall?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
It seems even though the TSB covers a limited range of build dates, the loose steering bolt has affected almost all Muranos. I would ask your dealer about it - tell them your symptoms. The classic signs are if your alignment is ok one day, then off the next, then ok again, etc.... its the bolt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went to GoodYear today. They took a look at the car but performed no tests. They said they have to call corporate Goodyear or something to find out what to do. I told them its a new car. They said they will call corporate tomorrow.

They did mention it was "radial pull" or something like that.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I never ceased to be amazed at the level of BS that seems to be exzuded from dealerships. GRIP :eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So goodyear called me back, the tire dealership that is. He contacted corporate and they said they would swap out the 2 front tires. However, the problem is that the 235/65/18's are all backordered for another month and half.

So in the meantime, they want to rotate my fronts to the back and see if that helps. And then let me drive for antoher month or so until the new tires come.

How annoying. He also said I have to pay for mounting and balancing. This is frustrating. Why pay for a new car if I have to pay for this crap?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Another Update:

Turns out the 235/65/18's are manufactured in Germany and thats the reason no one around here has them. They wont arrive until next month/mid month so I'm kinda SOL till then.

I'm trying to swing a credit for the tires so can anyone recommend another set of Goodyears?

·
Registered
25 Posts
How's your tire pressure in each tire?...We had a problem with the car pulling to one side...they found a small nail in the tire and it leaking air really slowly, which caused the car to pull ever so noticably to one side.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i had a bad front tire that caused radial wander. but, the front tires have always scuffed, even after several alignments and the tsb being performed.

my 2002 highlander wears the four tires perfectly.

not acceptable but just have to accept it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After a long search, the Goodyear representative found four tires in some far off tireshop in the middle of California. They agreed to send 2 down to my local goodyear. I had them replace the front two tires this last Saturday. The car was STILL pulling, now it was pulling LEFT. I was so annoyed. Frustrated, and annoyed I had one last shot so I went in yesterday and had them cross the fronts again.

Happy to say that the car is pretty straight and even now! It does have a slight pull but I think it may be due to road crown or uneveness in the road. I think the problem is fixed finally or at least it's good enough for me not to think about it everytime I get behind the wheel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts