Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am close to purchasing a 2003 SL FWD Murano pretty much loaded. I found what I wanted (almost anyway) in my neighboring state at $144 below invoice (per Edmunds.com). My local dealer said he cannot beat "below invoice" but can find one for me somewhere and sell it to me at invoice plus the cost to drive it here. What is my local dealer going to make on this deal (dealer hold back? How much is that approx.?) I have other questions but can anybody help me with this. Also, does it hurt to drive it on the highway right off the bat at high speeds with no "break-in" period. Thanks

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
We don't know the hold back, but 1 1/2% is not unusual.

Nissan recommends a 1200 mile breakin period and go easy on the brakes too.
You can drive it at 60 MPH right away but don't hold it there, Move the RPMs around a lot while breaking it in , never exceeding 4000 RPM IMO. And never accelerating hard untill the car has several to many trips on it, heating it up cooling it off, etc.
You can also just drive the living hell out of it. Just don't whine about Nissan or their products if later you have drivetrain/suspension/brake problems, unless you follow their recommendations.

And BTW that goes for any new car, not just Nissan.

Invoice plus transport is a good deal.
To cut a dealer for $144 in a neighboring state is just stupid. You may want your local dealer to do you a favor someday.

Homer

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have a copy of the dealer invoice for the SL FWD that I purchased in May. There was an amount listed on it for dealer holdback. I'll have to double check when I get home, but I think it was $650 - $750.

·
Registered
57 Posts
... plus the cost to drive it here.
I would rather drive it from another state than have some yahoo do who knows what to it (driving wise) during the sensitive break in period. Just imagine some 19 year old kid flooring at every stop between there and you. Scary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts