Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've browsed a little but didn't find anything on this, which I'm sure I just over looked somewhere.

When you use your keyfob to lock your doors when walking away the horn hunks. How do you silent that?

Also, how do I set the keyfob or black button on the door handle to unlock all the doors on one push, rather then just the drivers on one, then all on two.

Thanks in advance for your reponses.

·
Love to live w/ MO
419 Posts
although i have an '03 but i did test drove an '05 and played with the menu settings on in-dash computer.

there is a setting for unlocking all doors rather than only one. you would need to do a little more research in your menu. check your owner's manual that should have the info about it.

im not sure about the honking part, that is part of a security feature i guess, i.e. if any of your door is left open, the honk wouldnt sound and you would know that. (happened to me couple of times) and when all the doors are properly closed, thats when the honk would sound to make sure the MO is safe now.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Both settings are in the settings menu. Lights flashing, horn honking, and driver's door versus all doors are all there in the settings.

Although your "intelligent" key might be a little different than my "stupid" key system... :)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Corin said:
Both settings are in the settings menu. Lights flashing, horn honking, and driver's door versus all doors are all there in the settings.

Although your "intelligent" key might be a little different than my "stupid" key system... :)
I just went outside and went through the program menu...

The part where it says "BEEP" for me to change the remote... does not move. It's stuck on beep. seems like a few options didn't let me change them by moving to the right or left. Is this a problem or not an option?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
TheGymKid said:
I just went outside and went through the program menu...

The part where it says "BEEP" for me to change the remote... does not move. It's stuck on beep. seems like a few options didn't let me change them by moving to the right or left. Is this a problem or not an option? Thanks
Some of these settings can only be changed when ignition switch is either on "Acc" or "On". Try them both. I think one will work.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I've also found that on my 04 (non intelligent key) there are two separate places to change the horn behavior when locking/unlocking doors. You can set it in the menu in the computer, OR you can set it using they key fob -- I think you hold both lock and unlock for 5 seconds or something. I thought that was kinda goofy, perhaps an oversight on the part of the engineers, because the settings can easily confuse the heck out of you if you set the computer to chirp the horn but then silence it using the keyfob -- the computer still shows it's set to chirp the horn.

:8:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
special-k said:
I've also found that on my 04 (non intelligent key) there are two separate places to change the horn behavior when locking/unlocking doors. You can set it in the menu in the computer, OR you can set it using they key fob -- I think you hold both lock and unlock for 5 seconds or something. I thought that was kinda goofy, perhaps an oversight on the part of the engineers, because the settings can easily confuse the heck out of you if you set the computer to chirp the horn but then silence it using the keyfob -- the computer still shows it's set to chirp the horn.

:8:
EXCELLENT !!! I just went out and tried and got the car to lock with the key fob, but no horn... just the lights.

My reason for this: When I'm in the garage and lock the car, the horn is LOUD. Now just the lights go off. I also don't like to draw attention to my car.

Okay... HOW I DID IT:

Open a car door, then hold down both the unlock & lock at the same time. After 3 seconds, the lights flash on the car. It is set to work with just lights and no horn now.

Thanks special K for the info.

-------------------------------------------------------

I tried several different ways to use the control panel to open all the doors on one touch of the unlock... nutta.

·
Love to live w/ MO
419 Posts
TheGymKid said:

Okay... HOW I DID IT:

Open a car door, then hold down both the unlock & lock at the same time. After 3 seconds, the lights flash on the car. It is set to work with just lights and no horn now.

ok, so i assume this should work in '03 as well
would it ???
anyone !!!

·
Registered
631 Posts
TheGymKid said:
I tried several different ways to use the control panel to open all the doors on one touch of the unlock... nutta.
This might be different on the 05s, but I can't really imagine it is. Turn your key to "ON" -- hit "Settings". Scroll until you get to "personalized menu" and I believe you hit "down" to get into that menu. Then you can scroll down AND up through ALL the personalized menu options. One of them should be "horn chirp with remote" or something like that, and the other one you're looking for is something to the effect of "remote unlock logic". If I recall, the options are "all" or "driver 1st".

You'll just have to keep poking through the menu until you find it. Like Ragu -- it's in there! :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
when u are in the menus and wish to change a setting u have to push in on th joystick and it will toggle on/off

·
Registered
424 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by TheGymKid

Okay... HOW I DID IT:

hasaanbhutta said:

ok, so i assume this should work in '03 as well
would it ???
anyone !!!
You don't have to open a door, but it works the same for the '03.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Yes I have an 03 and I set mine not to do anything when unlocking it and only flash when locking it.

I followed the steps in the manual. Worked like a charm.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Interestong Post

I too have a bit of free time to play with my 05 Platinum SL's stock settings. Thanks for the info as I too will silence the horn. I love this car as I am finding neat features out every day!

njmo

·
Registered
95 Posts
When all else fails, READ THE MANUAL!!!

Special K beat me to it but I was going to tell you the same. You just have to play with it to get it the way you want. I would much rather have the lights flash than the horn blow.

·
Registered
103 Posts
On the 05 with intelekey you can lock with the key fob (honk or no honk) or you can lock the doors with the black button on the door handles (beep or no beep). If you're worried about noise, lock your doors with the button on the handle it does'nt use the horn, just the soft beep.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ok, I have a question with the remote. When you hit unlock once, just the driver's door and fuel filler lid are unlocked. If you push it again within 5 secs, all the doors unlock. With mine though, when I push unlock, they all open. Is this just a programming thing, can I get it back to normal?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Razor05 said:
Ok, I have a question with the remote. When you hit unlock once, just the driver's door and fuel filler lid are unlocked. If you push it again within 5 secs, all the doors unlock. With mine though, when I push unlock, they all open. Is this just a programming thing, can I get it back to normal?
It is a programming thing... Mine is set to open all the doors when I push the button once. For saftey reasons, some like it when you push the button & only the drivers door opens and the rest stay locked.

Safety reasons: I can think of two... 1) so a bad guy doesn't jump into your car from the other doors when you hit unlock and get in yourself... hey somepeople are in bad neighborhoods sometimes.

2) when you have kids and don't want them to have the ability to open the door to get in or out when they shouldn't be and get hurt.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
TheGymKid said:
2) when you have kids and don't want them to have the ability to open the door to get in or out when they shouldn't be and get hurt.
TheGymKid-

Speaking from experience now? :D How is the little guy doing?

-njjoe

·
Registered
53 Posts
TheGymKid said:

It is a programming thing... Mine is set to open all the doors when I push the button once. For saftey reasons, some like it when you push the button & only the drivers door opens and the rest stay locked.
Great, do you know how to program it back to normal? ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts