Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I used the code last night and it still worked. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the heads up...im going to use this when I buy the XM kit from Leeparts.com :4:

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Worked last night! It was perfectly al lright that the code was used for a non OEM unit as it was being put in a Nissan and was the only XM sat receiver in the household.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ha!

i looked everywhere for a promo code when i registered!

i called xm anyway and they credited me for the activation and two months anway :)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Code is still valid... I got 3 months of into service for free. Acitvation fee waived too.

·
4,664 Posts
GripperDon said:
Worked last night!
That's funny.... It's for the OEM receiver, not aftermarket ones! I guess they don't check too closely!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I should clarify... I was able to activate it using it with the Nissan receiver.

·
4,664 Posts
I think it's cool the code's still working... Everyone I've seen use it, has put in the OEM receiver as that's what the code is for. But I was surprised to see Don used the code as he did not put in the OEM receiver, but stuck on an aftermarket one. So XM should have refused the code, as it's for Nissan/Infiniti OEM installs. I wonder if Nissan gets billed some small amout for each one?

Get Three Months of Dealer Demo Service on All PDC Vehicles
Dealer Demo Activation: You can activate 90 days of free demo service for any vehicle with XM installed as a PDC option by following steps 1 and 2 from the consumer activation instructions below — or for online activation, visit dealer.xmradio.com. Use your Nissan dealer code as your User ID and Password. Once you sell a demo vehicle, call XM Listener Care at 1-800-XM-RADIO to deactivate the demo service and to activate the customer's service using the Promotion Code OEM015NSS. Each customer will receive three months of trial service on over 150 channels with waived activation fee (a $53.84 value).

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
jaak said:
I wonder if Nissan gets billed some small amout for each one?
Nissan actually gets paid for allowing XM to promote their set-up through them. Remember, Nissan has a choice of which company, if any, to go with...

·
4,664 Posts
That's cool... In that case, no one's going to complain about the code usage. Cool!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Code didn't work online

Ok, I tried using the promotion code last night online and it didn't work. Something about the code not being available for use online. Anyone know anything about this? I got the tuner used but it's a Nissan factory unit. I'm a little leary about calling, as I know they might try to charge me more for an activation. Ideas, suggestions?

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Use their own system against them....

Just call them up and use the code and tell them not to charge you activation. If you are unlucky like me, when the bill comes you will see that you have been charged! Then you call and tell them you want to cancel the account because they charged you when they should not have. They will then forward your call to their equivalent of "customer retention desk" which, if you are lucky like me, will make an offer you cannot refuse!

I had a old code for free activation and $6.99 per month (Min one year prepaid, total of $83.88). The code was for before there was a rate hike and for a new GM activation. But I called anyway and the guy on the other end said it should be no problem but he would not know until the last screen. So he signed me up and said it went through (I told them to bill me because I did not want to use my credit card). A few days later I get the bill and it is for full price, $162. So I called to cancell and I was forwarded to that desk and they dropped the charges to $77 for one year, including activation! which was less that what I would have paid originally. :D

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
How does one decide over XM or Sirrus Radio ?

Is there a contract with XM Radio, for like a year or two, or can I cancel after 2 or 3 months if I am not happy / don't use it ?

·
Registered
113 Posts
You can do a month-to-month with XM, which is what I do, or you can prepay for 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 years. If you prepay, you can save between 8% and 23% over the month-to-month rate. Also, according to XM's website, you can cancel at any time without penalty and can receive a prorated refund of any amount that you have prepaid.

I've never tried Sirius, but I did compare the station lists of XM and Sirius before I decided to go with XM. I just liked what XM had to offer more than Sirius. XM looks like it's the stronger of the two companies, as it just passed the 5 million subscriber mark. Sirius has, I believe, a little over 2 million subscribers. But I suspect both will be around for quite a while to come.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
If you switch you will need a new/different SAT reciever. Each has their own reciever.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
TheGymKid said:
How does one decide over XM or Sirrus Radio ?

Is there a contract with XM Radio, for like a year or two, or can I cancel after 2 or 3 months if I am not happy / don't use it ?
I think that you just have to compare what the two have to offer. I got XM, because the wife's Trailblazer had it and I am on the family plan. XM has MLB, Nascar, and good music, Sirius has NFL, Howard Stern soon, and good music. Depends on your tastes. I would love to have NFL, maybe Stern when available, but don't think these are worth switching since I don't drive around durning football games and find that Stern can get old quickly (he is running a 24 hour fart channel on Sirius now).

XM used to be a better deal, but they raised the prices so I believe they are now the same as Sirius. You may want to check if Sirius has a family plan too if you plan to have multiple satellite radios. XM you get the first at regular price, and up to five additional for $6.99 per month, per additional radio.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ok, the code worked when I called last week. Doesn't work online though, you have to call to use it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts