Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are proud new owner of a new 2005 Muranio. It's a platnium SL with charcoal leather. I have a couple of questions. I have read all the information I can but, what is the proper way to care for the leather? What should I do? Also, the plastic components, I HATE ARMORALL. What car wash is best and should I wax? One more thing, we love that new car smell. How long can we expect it to last? lol We just hate the thought of it leaving!

Just finished the neon mood lights tonight!

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
Soc3558 said:
Just finished the neon mood lights tonight!
My 2005 Platinum SE with charcoal leather is about 9 months old and still smells like new. Everybody who rides in it comments how they love that new car smell. I keep the car clean and dusted with a damp cloth only. I have not used any products on the leather or the plastic parts.

Where did you buy the mood lights and was the power hook up easy ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool. I have heard that you should condition and pH balance the leather. The hook up was VERY simple. I have had these neons for like 6 years. Make sure you get the non-cigg. lighter hookup. You want a hot and ground wire only. I used an in line fuse and connected them an empty slot in the fuse box. I wired a switch and that was it. I put tiny holes in the carpet at the very top of the floor and zip ties to secure. The inline fuse protects the warrenty and if I forget to switch them off they turn off with the car.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Where did you get the fuse box connectors? I have been looking for these everywhere but no one seems to know what I am talking about :3:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Good pic

Referring to your hook up pic, how is the fuse connected to the red wire,

is that pre-assembled ?

·
Registered
114 Posts
,...now I get it

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yep

just make sure its for the mini fuses and not the standard! Made that mistake. I got mine at pep boys for like $7 (no shipping cost). I also made sure to but good quality electrical wire (16ga. - 18ga.). Then just a toggle switch. I put mine here (pic). And I grounded here (pic) by stripping the wire pretty long and twisting it around the bolt. Good Luck!

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts