Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had our black exterior/interior 04 LS AWD for 3 days now, and I must say I am in love with this car! Driving it is simply described as a joy. Experimenting with the CVT at low rpm's was just amazing. constant linear acceleration, even going up hills. It's like the rpm needle gets glued at 1.2K. Amazing. I'm at a whole 120 miles so far, and no issues to speak of. MPG has also suprised me(for the better), since I was expecting 12-14 pre-break in, and I'm actually getting closer to 20 (that's city driving). Cruise control at 60mph averages around 25mpg. Initially it was lower, but it's slowly climbing as the engine breaks in. Everyone who complains about mpg - be patient! It definately gets better. Probably also helps that I really keep an eye on the rpm's - no higher than 3, and around 1.2 - 1.5 90% of the time.

So add me to the list of oh so happy murano owners. Seems there's also a bit of a community surrounding these cars. Cool. :cool:

·
Registered
834 Posts
Congrats, it's a great car/crossover/SUV.

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase. A bunch of us are trying to get together in the next month or so at Roosevelt Park near Menlo Park Mall, if you're interested in meeting us. I live in the suburbs around Trenton, but I work in Manhattan. I drive in on Mondays and home on Thursdays.

Please let me know if you'd like to join us, and feel free to suggest some dates!

Steve

·
Registered
758 Posts
BigRedNJ

Congrats on your purchase. get used to the pain in your facial area from the grin.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
BigRedNJ , wait until your first oil change...

and feel the car when everything has finally break into.
It will be more fun to drive.

Your face will turn from :D to :5:

Welcome to the murano family!

·
4,664 Posts
And you'll still be smiling, months from now. I LOVE mine!!! 18 months later... The thought of going to another vehicle without that CVT is, uh, well, I don't want to think of it... :D Hopefully, there will be more CVT's around by the time I make a change, but it might be into another Murano, unless they totally mess up the looks.:)

Just don't put spinners on it, OK?:eek:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jaak said:
Just don't put spinners on it, OK?:eek: [/B]
:D I'll try to restrain myself... But do you think it has enough ground clearance for a nice set of neon undercarraige lights and a pair of fart cans for the back??

EasternPA - sounds interesting. I'm new to the whole scene, so what do you guys do at these get togethers? Is it like a picnic? Do you go off-roading?

·
4,664 Posts
LOL! Slapping the desk even...:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts