Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I bought my 05 Murano, it has pulled to the left. Dealership closed right after I made the purchase, and the pull didn't seem all that bad at first. 6months later, I decided to get it fixed. Dealership would not do anything on warrantee. They then told me I had a bent strut ( I do not off road, nor have I hit anything) and hit me for $650 to replace the strut. Still pulled to the left. Took it back and they aligned it again and told me that what they did would make it pull to the left more. (It did) I am done with this dealership, but wonder if anyone else has had a similar situation. And before anyone posts something about road crowns, it pulls left even if the road is crowned to the right. Much worse at high speed than low and it is a pretty strong pull now. Any advice? Anyone know a good alignment shop in Chicago?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
jmack-

Did the dealer give you any reason why they did not replace the bent strut under warranty? Once the strut was replaced, did the car track any better? If not, then the problem obviously was not with the strut.

Have you tried rotating the tires?

-njjoe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Left drift

They said I let too much time go from delivery of the car. They then told me the strut could get bent from going over a speed bump, pothole and so on, making me think that the car must be pretty fragile. The car seemed to tracked just slightly better, but not much, and I suspect that was from the dealer changing the alignment. I suspected 2 things after the "repair" 1. That the car had been in some sort of mishap before I bought it, that the dealer that is now out of business did not disclose or 2. That I had been ripped off by the repairing dealer. When I took it back a second time, they changed a setting 1 degree, telling me that that would make it pull left more, but that was the factory setting. They were right, it really pulls left now. The net effect is that I am out $650 without a corresponding improvement in steering. I am not too excited about taking it back and am trying to find a shop that specializes in alignment issues for an independent opinion. Thank for the reply.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Re: Left drift

jmack said:
They said I let too much time go from delivery of the car.
jmack-

According to the Nissan Warranty policy you have one-year or 12,500 miles (whichever comes first) to have adjustments, including wheel alignment, made free-of-charge.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Your MO should have been covered under warranty AND 12 month adjustment period. When you buy your car, you get that coverage from Nissan, NOT the dealer so Nissan is responsible for them. I would call Nissan and file a complaint against the dealer, even though they are out of business, because when they were open, they were Nissan's reps. If you persist, and eventhough the dealership is out of business, Nissan might make good on it and at least refund your money and refer you to another dealer who can fix the problem.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I agree with above comments. You should not have to pay for this. If you don't mind taking a chance.... I would go to another shop and have them perform the allignment. If they resolve it then there is your answer... if they don't then you know the first dealership might be onto someting (which I doubtP).

I had a simliar issue with my older Nissan at a dearlership. Long story short, after two attempts the car still pulled. I asked for a refund, they denied me... I disupted the credit card charge, when to a local shop which resolved the issue. When the credit card company wanted deatails about the dispute, I had some much on my side they favored on me.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
That is terrible treatment from your dealer.

Here is what I think happened. When vehicles are transported via boat or truck car-carrier, their suspensions are always "tied down" to prevent the vehicle from moving around too much. Its possible that the transport vehicle hit a large bump, or the transport container was lowered very quickly such that the suspension received a jolt. Since it was tied down, the springs and struts could not cushion the blue, thereby bending the strut.

The fault in this case is the dealership's, since they should have discovered this during their predelivery inspection.

·
5,244 Posts
You are all right, the problem is that jmack waited 6 months! Had he got back to the dealership within a week or so would have been a different story. Now they are going to say that he "must have bla bla bla". This does not however justifies shoddy job they did. And they charged for that!

I would complain to Nissan, though it is vary questionable route. They did not repair your car and they charged for that. It is bordering with fraud. I would not pay for serice like this one. That is why I always use credit cards. If there is a dispute ar least I have credit card to support me.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
jmack-

How old is your MO and how many miles were on it when you first reported the problem to your dealer?

-njjoe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts