Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having our new Mo for about 3 weeks, I am not looking forward to the first small scratch, small dent, paint chip somewhere on the Mo (have crystal shield on the bumper, hood, side fender, and mirrors...)

Heard about a 2 friends... both with a new car, one put in the first small dent on accident, one put it in on purpose.. both of them stopped obsessing about dents after that... (being concerned still, but not to the point of examining the sides before you leave the stall)

Any insight to the psychology to having a new car......

I wonder if there is a AXIS 1 diagnosis to this.. some sort of manic condition brought on by the onset of car new car ownership....(hehehehehe)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I know how you feel. My MO was only the second new car I've ever purchased. I was on a road trip to Mass (Mo was 4 months old). When I actually watch an Ford Expidtion park next to my MO and the back door swung out with 3 kids exiting and it hit my car. That was 3 years ago and I still kick myself in the butt for not running down and asking for the driver's insurance card (my wife wouldn't let me). Everytime I wash and detail my MO, it's like reliving it all over again (whish is quite often, I'm a Zaino freak). Fact is it's gonna happen, so just let it go and enjoy the ride.....

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Not necessarly

I never had a dent in either the 04 or the 05 ModMo. :) :)

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
They never left his garage.
His total mileage was 22.4 miles.
The dealer is 12.2 miles from his home.......

I was always surprised that he never dropped a screwdriver or sumthin whilst put in one of his 700 mods..........

He modded his cars so much, I always wondered why he bot them in the first place..........

Homer:2:

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Seriously how sick in the head have you got to be, to put in your own dent? Its a car, and one day some idiot will dent it for you, and thats not in your control. So whatever happen will happen.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Had some small dents in the door... Dent Wizzard resolved those perfectly...

Now I have loads ot scratches on it... what is the deal with this paint/clear coat??? :3:

No looking good on a black MO.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hfelknor said:

He modded his cars so much, I always wondered why he bot them in the first place..........

Homer:2:
Everyone needs a hobby... some are just more expensive than others.... have funds, have fun...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Eric L. said:
Seriously how sick in the head have you got to be, to put in your own dent? Its a car, and one day some idiot will dent it for you, and thats not in your control. So whatever happen will happen.
The guy I know that did it, is actually pretty level headed. Said he just figured it was better than getting mad when someone else (some idiot) did it...

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
raycie said:

The guy I know that did it, is actually pretty level headed. Said he just figured it was better than getting mad when someone else (some idiot) did it...
This is the guy who purposely put a dent in his brand new car? And you say he is level-headed? You must be grading on a scale.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
raycie said:

That is like saying you know a rock will get kicked up from a truck on the highway and make a crack on your windshield one day, and then taking a hammer to the windshield yourself so it will save you the frustration later on.

I'd rather spend X number of days with a dentfree car (until the stranger idiot dings it), rather than dent it myself when it was still new.

But then no one has called me "level headed" lately....:2:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Eric L. said:

That is like saying you know a rock will get kicked up from a truck on the highway and make a crack on your windshield one day, and then taking a hammer to the windshield yourself so it will save you the frustration later on.

yea....I see your points, BUT the windshield example with a hammer is not the same...... but then again, level headed thinking was never thinking that the earth was round, that telephones would be anything more than 2 cups and some string, that copies could be done on a machine (rather than by hand), and that MC2 could actually be something relevant.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts