Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have leather seats in your Murano, especially Cafe Latte...how is it holding up?

Is it quality leather regarding wear and tear?

Hard/easy to clean?

What do you use to clean/protect it?

Im about to purchase an 06 with cafe latte leather, and was worried about the leather cracking over time or becoming grungy...never owned a leather car before...but I do have leather furniture and do know that there are very fine grades of leather and very cheap grades of leather? Can someone comment?

Thanks.

EOS Man

·
Read Only
554 Posts
I have a MY2004 SE AWD that was delivered in April 2004 with Cafe Latte interior in leather. So far so good. The leather still looks good. There is some rippling that comes with leather stretching due to being sat on, but no complaints. They still look clean as well. I've used Armorall leather cleaner/protectant a couple of times a year, but not religiously. Lately, I've taken to using the Armorall leather wipes and they work well for gently cleaning and moisturizing. Since they sit in the car, its easy to give the seats a wipe down every now and then.

The acid test for the rear seats was installation of my son's car seat using the LATCH anchors. Yes, there are depressions where the seat sat for nearly two years, but now that there is a booster there instead (kids do grow!), the old indents are fading out.

Although not as soft and supple as some high end car leathers, I think the Murano leather is decent for what it is.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
well as long as you don't wear dark jeans that bleed, the caffe latte is pretty easy to take car off. the drivers side seat bolster is starting to turn a little blue. i've been converted to using leatherique rejuvinator oil and prestine clean and it has softened the leather quite noticably but stil has some way to get the blueness out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So far so good with our Cafe Latte leather. I have only used occassional soap/water combo w/soft sponge to clean it as needed.

As for how it is holding up, I have to agree with JimC: The leather still looks good. There is some rippling that comes with leather stretching due to being sat on, but no complaints. :)

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
f23a said:
I have only used occassional soap/water combo w/soft sponge to clean it as needed.
Make sure you condition the leather after cleaning with soap to put back some of its oil.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have black and it is holding up fine. Ideally you don't want to leave the car in the sun for extended periods and any of the commerical leather cleaner/conditioners are a good idea. Incidentally, the only real cow skin is on the seating surfaces (the center strips in the 2 front seats and on the outer 2 seats on the rear bench); everything else is synthetic.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
the steering wheel dosn't feel very synthetic to me...

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
nissanlove said:
the steering wheel dosn't feel very synthetic to me...
You are right, it is not "pleather". The steering wheel and shifter knob are real leather.

-njjoe

·
Registered
252 Posts
Halo said:
I have black and it is holding up fine. Ideally you don't want to leave the car in the sun for extended periods and any of the commerical leather cleaner/conditioners are a good idea. Incidentally, the only real cow skin is on the seating surfaces (the center strips in the 2 front seats and on the outer 2 seats on the rear bench); everything else is synthetic.
are you sure the middle of the rear bench is vinyl?

Also, I could have sworn the outer side bolster in the front seats are leather. The inside bolster could be vinyl but the outer bolster feels like leather

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
bigdongers-

I recall reading a post that indicated the center (third seat) section of the rear bench is not leather. However, I (or they) may be wrong.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
bigdongers said:

are you sure the middle of the rear bench is vinyl?

Also, I could have sworn the outer side bolster in the front seats are leather. The inside bolster could be vinyl but the outer bolster feels like leather
Actually I thought this too, but I figured out its because I don't quite sit fully center on the seat. I sit a bit skewed to the left since I'm long legged and like the extra space to move my right leg around. So the side bolsters on the cushion have worn unevenly, giving a decidedly more worn pattern on the outboard section than on the inboard section.

Quite honestly I think either the leather on the Murano is really cheap or the vinyl is very convincing, because the vinyl is nearly as soft as the leather (or conversely, the leather is nearly as hard as the vinyl).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts