Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question about an alternate method to connect remote-turn on wire from HU to amps.
I have two amps now. When i went to a audio shop check why my radio's remote turn on wasnt working, he said that its burned out or something. So he installed a little external remote turn on adapter for me which draws its power from the HU. Now my amps don' shut off even when i turn my HU off because its sending constant signals. I wouldn't mind the amps staying on all the time but the annoying sound coming from the speakers (that steady sound that you "use" to hear from a tv when there's not signal coming from that channel" because of me setting my level too high. I don't know if its the cause of the pac oem-2 having its own level control knob but its annoying me when i drive. Anyone know of an alternate method to connect my remote turn on wire and what relay to get with it then it will be great since I'm connecting it to two amps. OR if anyone know how I could kill that stupid sound, it will be great too.

BTW, my system is a non-bose sytem.

thanks!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok another question. Would it be fine if I just tapped my remote wire to my ignition wire (red wire) to the two of my amps and be fine without any relays?
cause I don't want my amps to be turned on when my engine is off. No point in running my speakers when my engine is off, it will just kill the battery.

OR

tap the remote wire to the antenna wire from the HU with a relay to be able to turn on/off my amps when i turn on off my HU.

Which is recommended? since my remote wire from the HU do not work.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Well normal is relative, but yes to a certain extent. Amplifiers amplify everything including noise. Some are better than others at filtering/rejecting noise. There is more noise if using speaker inputs vice preamp inputs as a general rule. If it's excessive it could be a problem somewhere, something generating more noise than it should. It's pretty subjective really, but more power is not always better. I learned this later in life. My taste is different now, I like comfortable listening levels, about half volume on the stock bose unit is all I ever need and usually less. And at that level I never hear noise or popping.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah its just that white noise. i did a pretty good job at grounding and wiring and buying good shielded rca's and all to minimize the chance of noises..

I've just tweaked my amps to a lower level. and it has almost killed the white noise/hiss. since my amps do not shut off until I find out how or bring to a shop and have someone tap my remote wire into the antenna wire so i can turn off my amps when im not driving.

I think i'll have to tweak my PAC OEM-2 as well so I can use my amps to give it a much better gain than using the oem-2 to do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts