Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that the trip computer portion of the display goes blank after a few seconds (while driving) only when the radio is turned on.

If the radio is off, the trip computer stays up on the display allowing the info to be viewed while driving. The same thing happens with the tire pressure info and mpg etc.

It seems odd to me that we would not be able to view this info while driving when choosing to listen to the radio Can anyone confirm if their Murano is doing the same thing, or am I doing something wrong or am I encountering a glitch specific to my vehicle

BTW, I am very impressed with the Murano overall - I think they have done a tremendous job with this vehicle :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
It is normal for the trip display to turn off while the radio is on.
If a problem is detected by any system, It will be displayed automatically.
When you want to see trip info, just hit the button! The display stays on for a few seconds.

I am also very pleased with my Murano. Great ride!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Alarm system

Hi I was wondering what type of alram system if any is on the murano when you purchase? Do I still need to request for an alarm on the car since it is a keyless entry?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Answer to both questions -

The multifunction display does not keep trip or mpg readings for more than a few seconds, I am guessing with the theory that it would be distracting for the driver when you should be focusing on looking at the road, not the display. Hence it flashes up there for 5 seconds, which is really all the time you need to see the info. If the car is stopped, then the info stays on the screen and does not turn off.

As for the alarm, the Murano has 2 security features. First is the computer coded key. A thief cannot start the car without the transponder chip in the key. The second is the standard alarm system, which protects the doors, trunk and hood. It does not have a glass breakage sensor. If the alarm is tripped (read your owners manual for its operation) it will flash the headlights and sound the horn, while also activating an ignition disable function.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts