Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im installing some Hoen xenon match lights for fogs and parking lights. I decided to start on the passenger side, as I heard that it is the most difficult.

I installed the parking light very easily (thx esemes), but the fog light is blocked by the wiper sprayer solution tank.

I have removed the 3 screws from the splash guard and peeled the plastic back, but the fog light is completely blocked.

Any ideas? :confused:

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Service manual says you have to take the bumper cover loose. That's how I did it. It's still a *****!

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can I remove the whole passanger side foglight housing?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
You can, but you don't have to to replace the bulb. In any event, you must take the bumper cover loose on that side.

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the bumper cover the plastic that lies under the bumper?

Because loosening this did nothing.

There is no way a human hand (of any size) holding a bulb can fit behind the wiper spray solution tank.

I just ruined a pair of $60 bulbs and a door in my house doing this. :3: :3: :3: :3: :3:

I also have a foglight harness hanging out.

yay

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Rear stop hi-lamp

While this thread is open, Im poking around thinking one day I'll have to change out one of these bulbs. Anyone look around up there yet? Darned if I can see how to access that upper rear stop lamp on top of the rear window.
Bob1

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hang in there guys. It can be done without removing the bumper cover. It took me almost 20 minutes but my left hand was able to wiggle its way up and replace the bulb. Of course my entire arm was all scratched up by the time I finished!

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lingan said:
Hang in there guys. It can be done without removing the bumper cover. It took me almost 20 minutes but my left hand was able to wiggle its way up and replace the bulb. Of course my entire arm was all scratched up by the time I finished!
Props to you.

My left arm is all scratched up and I have nothing to show for it except for a ruined bulb.

I tried to do the same thing you did, I even got the bulb in the hole. However, when I was attempting to get it to screw in place, the bulb touched a metal peice inside of the foglight housing, scratching the bulb, and leaving a blue powder inside of my foglight housing.

I was unhappy to say the least, and in my hardcore rage, I punched a door off the hinges.

So now I have:

1) ruined bulb
2) doorless room
3) broken knuckle

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
esemes said:
not a bolt/nut/screw one is removed....] click and see

for the RHS fog, ya might wanna depress a few of the pop-pin sivets to make it easier.........

you should see how hard the FX is......... (14 bolts to get to the fogs alone)
I already read that thread before I started. Thats why i said thx esemes in my first post (up there ^) :D

The parking light was real easy to install...30 seconds...just like you said. However, the fog light is impossible.

Could you pls clarify this:
"for the RHS fog, ya might wanna depress a few of the pop-pin sivets to make it easier........."

where are these tabs located? Splash guard? Inner plastic? Black plastic below bumper?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
The bumper cover is the car color outside plastic. I really feel that having the shop manual is essential in taking it apart.
Every vehicle starts down the assembly line with one part, around which the rest of the car is assembled. In the case of the Murano, it is the passenger side fog light.......

·
Registered
719 Posts
I found it easier (no, the only way) for me was to get at the passenger side was to remove the bottom of the wind deflector (where it connects to the bumper cover) and go up from underneath.

It still took a good 45 minutes from start to finish just for that one side and there are about 10 connectors that you have to remove and re install to get at it but it can be done.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I put mine in last week and did it the same way as dklanecky1

Real tight area to work in but doable.

·
5,268 Posts
OK, it wasn't easy, but I did it. I found it easier to unscrew the bolt on the top of the lamp assembly and pull everything out. See this thread: lamp upgrade

I took photos on the driver side, though I did exactly the same on the passenger side.

Oh, and no problems with scratched fingers, hands etc!:D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ok, I'm no Photo guru but this will give you all an idea of what the PIAA #194 Extreme white will do for the parking lights. The second pic shows the Silverstars in the fogs & PIAA's in action. I like it.

·
5,268 Posts
Snowride,

it looks great!

Where did you get the PIAA 194?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Purchased them at a local speed shop in my area. Here's a link to the PIAA site where they show this bulb. It is listed as part # 19168. A 168 is the same as a 194. I bought 2 sets of 2 as the door lights up front use the same bulb. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page you will see the dome light which I also bought to replace the bulbs in the rear hatch. Looks real good. Just do a google search for "PIAA 168" and you should get about a million places. They go for a ridiculously high price of around $18 a pair. :p http://www.piaa.com/Bulbs/Bulbs-Miniature.html

While your at the site, check out their wiper blades. I installed a pair and they are fantastic. They come with a little kit which is basically a similar product as Rain Away. The rubber is also available as a seperate item in case you want to replace them without changing the whole blade. Very nice product. :29:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Generic 168/194 on ebay for a couple of bucks- do the same thing.
Not really as I did have the cheapo style and returned them because they did not look good at all. I have also experimented with bulbs in several applications and have not found a manufacturer yet who comes close to the PIAA's. H3's, H7's, 9006, 9005, H4 and a few more are the ones I have played with over the years. Now I have never even heard of Hoen until I saw it posted here so they may very well be up to par with the PIAA line.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts