Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question with installing double din screen

Hi all,

I wondered if anyone has tried to put a double din hu at the factory audio? I am looking for a Eclipse Nav screen, but i don't know if i would be able to modify the area to put a 4 inches height screen in that area. Please let me know if anyone has faced the same problem i have or has experience installing it. Thanks for your time.

Ken

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi all,

I wondered if anyone has tried to put a double din hu at the factory audio? I am looking for a Eclipse Nav screen, but i don't know if i would be able to modify the area to put a 4 inches height screen in that area. Please let me know if anyone has faced the same problem i have or has experience installing it. Thanks for your time.

Ken

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Question with installing double din screen at factory location

Hi all,

Ken

·
4,601 Posts
Threads merged and redirect left from Nav section.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Wonder if I should leave three copies of my answer!!!!!

The OEM HU and front panel controls are integrated so you cannot really modify the front to fit anything. If you do a search, you will find pictures of a set-up where the radio system has been moved down to make room for a single din screen. Another option is to put the new system on the dash. Other than, you are pretty much out of luck....:D

·
Registered
252 Posts
where are you from? In some countries, the MO's Bose stereo is not integrated into the climate etc and can be removed.

A MO owner from Singapore had this done.

I believe the space is a standard double din size.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
bigdongers said:
where are you from? In some countries, the MO's Bose stereo is not integrated into the climate etc and can be removed.
Good point. I stand corrected.....:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hello, sorry for the multiple post.

When you mentioned about the front panel integrated with the hu, does it mean i can not remove the hu? has anyone tried to remove it? and what would happen? Thanks

·
Registered
252 Posts
bimmer96 said:
hello, sorry for the multiple post.

When you mentioned about the front panel integrated with the hu, does it mean i can not remove the hu? has anyone tried to remove it? and what would happen? Thanks
thats correct. The HU is integrated with the climate controls etc. If you remove the HU, the air conditioning will stop working.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts