Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took one out for a test drive last night. I noticed while sitting at a stoplight that I could push the brake pedal all the way down to the floor. I mentioned it to the salesguy, just in case he might actually happen to know something technical about the cars he's selling (he didn't). He said that it had to do with the variable brake assist, and that that's the way they all are.

So my question is this: Is that the way Murano brakes are supposed to feel, or was this just a case of air in the brake lines or something? TIA for any input.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
AlexD said:
Took one out for a test drive last night. I noticed while sitting at a stoplight that I could push the brake pedal all the way down to the floor. I mentioned it to the salesguy, just in case he might actually happen to know something technical about the cars he's selling (he didn't). He said that it had to do with the variable brake assist, and that that's the way they all are.

So my question is this: Is that the way Murano brakes are supposed to feel, or was this just a case of air in the brake lines or something? TIA for any input.
Another BS line from a salesman.

That is not the way the brakes are supposed to feel.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mr3Putt...that's exactly what I figured. I was *very* unimpressed with my dealership experience last night, and was about 30 seconds away from just walking out. I know that no car I've ever driven before has had brakes that go down to the floor. I was just making sure there wasn't something different about the Murano.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Most power assist brakes will "give" under light but steady pressure on the pedal. In some cars I have seen them go down quite a bit but not to the floor. It is not good if it went to the floor but some give (as wierd as it may feel) is normal.

·
Registered
842 Posts
AlexD said:

I am surprised that the brake light did not come on when your brakem pedal went to far down, maybe there is more problems with that Mo than just the brakes

·
4,601 Posts
Time to try the experience all over again at a different dealer...

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Easiest way to see if this is "normal" is to try it on a new Murano on the dealer's lot. If the dealer insists this is "on every Murano" this is one way you can prove him wrong!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Fly by wire.

No push rod between the brake pedal and master cylinder.

Part of the reason why an alternator failure turns on the brake warning light.

·
4,601 Posts
Uh, Actually No.

Conventional hydraulic brakes.

Nothing to do with why the alternator failure turns on the brake warning light. The brake warning light comes on because there is a diode between the two, so when the alternator power drops to zero, both lights come on.

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
It's only the accelerator pedal that's drive by wire.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts