Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently added Autopark2000 to my baby.

I have to admit -- I ended up drilling a hole behind the license plate :eek: . It was painful, but I did it. I tried unscrewing the extra bolt, but was not able to. I also did not want to take the gate cover off and was relying on the access panel in the center.

So my question is this == when it is hot outside and I shift into reverse, I don't just get the "beep-beep" sound, I get several beeps on top of the standard "beep-beep". If I shift back into P or into N and re-engage Reverse, it will revert to "beep-beep" after one or two shifts. What could be causing this? Is this a problem with the reverse wire tap? (mine was kind of funky -- I could not get the tab to fasten over so I used an electrical tape to keep in in place).

Are any of you experiencing the same? I have gone behind the car, with my wife behind the wheel, to check the sensitivity of the Autopark when engaged after multiple beeps -- and it appears to be intact and starts to signal when I go behind the car.

Any ideas? Have you guys experienced any other issues? Any information would be appreciated.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I drilled the hole also

Sole the system to Mr. Z I don't think he had a problem but he would be a good source of info.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Re: I drilled the hole also

GripperDon said:
Sole the system to Mr. Z I don't think he had a problem but he would be a good source of info.
Actually it was not me who got it! Don't remember his name but I do remember that you did not sell it to him but just gave it away.....:4:

SugarRush has one and I think he has no problems with its operation. Don't know about the hole though....

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Re: Re: I drilled the hole also

zebelkhan said:

Actually it was not me who got it! Don't remember his name but I do remember that you did not sell it to him but just gave it away.....:4:

SugarRush has one and I think he has no problems with its operation. Don't know about the hole though....
I installed mine by removing the bolt from behind the plate. It was definitely a no drill operation.

Unfortunately, the device is a POS.

It worked semi-OK for about a month, then, it just quit working entirely.

Worst thing I ever bought. It's totally useless. (Think how pissed I'd be right now if I had drilled a hole to install it)

<hopefully, your experience will vary>

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts

zebelkhan said:

Forgot You are right a young Asian boy, ent it in the mail. I lost it a long time ago. :rolleyes:

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts

zebelkhan said:

Zebelkhan, yes you are right. I have one of the autopark200 installed. And so far, it's been kind to me. It works just fine.

Here is what I found, it is not when it hot when it give you beep2 sound. It is when there are dirt covering the sensor. Yes, dirt and dust. Around spring, there are lots of pollen. So you guess it, the device give you more error, hence the beep2.

I did not drill the license plate holder.
I use licen plate frame and therefore I drilled the frame (from aluminum or steel).

I still envy those who have the bumper sensor, very cool!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts