Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a question for anyone with experience with the CVT failure. Did it just fail all at once, or did it gradually do "something"? If it was gradual, what symptoms did it show?
What is happening to mine may be normal, but it seems to slip or hunt for the right pulley or ration or whatever it does under even moderate acceleration. When passing another vehicle, it feels like it speeds up, slows down, speeds up. The tach shows that it is not my imagination, as the rpm's are up and down too. This all under steady acceleration.
If this is normal, good. I don't really want to have another problem. The alternator issue took enough out of me! :3:
TIA

·
5,268 Posts
Interesting question. I experienced something similar once only. After stopping and turning the engin off and on again (after 10 minutes) the problem dissapeared.

I had also TCU (Transmission Control Unit) replaced when TC (Torque Converter) did not lock up. It behaved in a similar way. What you are describing sounds more like TC not locking up. If this is the case dealer should be able to pull out fault code.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I agree with Kris - have the dealer check for codes - if they do not find any from the ECU, maybe they need to check the TCU for codes as well (if the two systems are separate).

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
HERE is an interesting article about CVT technology as of today

in the car connection.com

Click here for article

1 - 4 of 4 Posts