Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Can someone tell me if their heated seat switched are lit up on both heat settings?

Mine light up on the bottom LED when in low heat but also lights up on the bottom LED on high heat. There seems to be a spot for a LED on high heat but this does not light up for me.

Is this the case for others out there?

·
Registered
368 Posts
On my 2003 there is only one light whether set on high or low.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that. seems strange to have a spot on the switches if it only lights up one one setting.

I guess they might have used the switches from another car which did have 2 lights :confused:

·
4,601 Posts
I suspect the thinking is that it indicates they're on, and you likely know which way you pushed it. (Like we all remember that!)

My current ride has two lights, both are on for high, only one for low, but it's a push button switch, so the switch position tells you nothing.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sorry to bring this back from the dead

But I have a question. When I turn on my heated seats, I feel them get hot, but then after a while, they seem to shut off on their own (light stays on though). Are they on some sort of timer or something, or do mine have a problem? Thanks.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Re: Sorry to bring this back from the dead

shappy0869 said:
But I have a question. When I turn on my heated seats, I feel them get hot, but then after a while, they seem to shut off on their own (light stays on though). Are they on some sort of timer or something, or do mine have a problem? Thanks.
shappy0869-

The seat heaters are thermostatically-controlled, they are not on a timer. When the heaters reach the desired temp (High or Low) they will cycle off. They will cycle on and off to maintain the selected temp. The indicator light will remain illuminated during the on/off cycles.

-njjoe

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
BUT...

Mine, too, would cycle on/off and occasionally not come on for quite some time. During the first winter, when I was carpooling folks to the office, they would squirm from the heat before I ever felt any. I brought it up to my dealer. They replied, "you do know that the seat heaters are controlled by the seatbelt, right?" (I always use my seatbelt, all the time.) I brought it up a few more times, and they found the driver's side seat heater switch was broken/problematic.

Replaced it, and its been fine ever since. Comes on quick, and I never feel it cycle off anymore. Works like a charm.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
bigdongers said:
Can someone tell me if their heated seat switched are lit up on both heat settings?
Yes, its the same light for both high and low, look closely you'll see there is only one light. The white ovals are just labels. Same for my 03 MO and Z. My bet is a Nissan standard part.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
i think i may have been seeing things...
but on my 03 SL MO
when i turned it on high...
the top light came on
and when i turned it on low
only the bottom came on...
but now jsut the bottom light shows...

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
HotSamNCheese said:
i think i may have been seeing things...
Flashback?? :1:

-njjoe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts