Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the moon roof deflector and was wondering about placement (forward and back) and the bolt tightness.
Perhaps someone with one installed can confirm my placement as the instructions are not that great.

Anyway, measuring from the rear of the antenna to the start of the deflector molding I have about 10/16 of an inch space.

Now I tightened the bolts down so that about 6 threads show, but the ‘D’ plastic spacers can still slide up and down a bit, okay?

Thanks much

·
Registered
2 Posts
wind deflectors

I have one on mine i will check it out and let you know. I have played around with it and it is on preaty tight.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a picture.

The space is between the two lines

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
sunroof wind deflector

I just installed mine last weekend. I tightened the bolts (attaching the brackets to the deflector) all the way. There still is a little play in the D-spacers, but everything's on very tight. So far, no problems.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to hear, so what good do the D-clips do?

Seems like they'll just fall off in time.

·
Registered
180 Posts
On a kinda-related note: for those of you with the deflector, do you find that it helps with noise levels at all (with the SR open, of course)? I'm still trying to decide as to whether or not to put one on.

Thanks.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
It makes it much quieter when the roof is slid open, but louder when it is tilted open.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts