Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Toronto and we got some snow yesterday. I took my Murano out for a test drive on some unplowed parking lots with lots of snow...not a problem at all, I was actually surprised with such a good handling on snow.

After the "test", I noticed a ticking/rattling noise coming from the ABS when engaged. I took my Murano to a local car wash and then tested it again and the noise was gone however when down on my knees, checking for something loose, I noticed something like a scoop with two hollow boxes toward the driver's side under the engine compartment, you can actually see through them if you get down on your knees.

My question is whether or not there is something like a pipe that comes down from the engine compartment to this box, because I don't have anything there, I can actually see through it and have no idea what this is for. I haven't had a chance to go to a local dealer to look at another Murano so I'm hoping someone could help.

With thanks,

Amsa

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
I don't think there is supposed to be a pipe or anything going down to this. I think what you are describing is the air deflector that directs air onto the transmission cooler fins.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tyler_Canada,

Thanks for your reply. The box does look like an air deflector or housing. I was wondering if there was a pipe or something I lost during my snow test that was casuing the ticking noise.

Thanks again.

Amsa

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The ABS system pulses the brakes when active, is that the rattling noise you felt? If so, that is normal, the pedal should vibrate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, it was a quick rattling different from the kind of grinding noise ABS makes when engaged, which by the way I could also hear and feel on the pedal.
I think the noise is gone now, after the wash, but will check it out tomorrow just to make sure.
This all happened after my snow test drive so I thought the amount of snow I drove on had to do with it.

Thanks for the reply.

Amsa

1 - 5 of 5 Posts