Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
don't know if it's the same for other years, but on the 06's when you put the climate control on auto, the a/c light comes on also! which tells me that the a/c compressor is on even when you don't need it (such as now in the winter time).
i know just like everything else, these electronic componets have certain lifetimes. so does that mean the a/c compressor will not last as long if you're always using the auto button on the climate control instead of just using heat?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I know if you hit the a/c button it turns off. I was wondering the same thing. I still haven't totally figured it out because the weather has been nice and I haven't used it much. I do know it keeps the last setting because my heat is on in the afternoon without the a/c.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
This topic has been covered. The A/C light is "Auto" and "Off", not "On" and "Off". The compressor is not running all the time that the light is on, and not if it is below freezing outside.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so tyler,
what you're saying is that the compressor runs sometimes even when outside temp is lower than what you set at on the inside of the car? (because the a/c is not running ALL the time, but some of the time right?)
thanks for answering my questions even thou you mentioned that this topic has been covered before. but as you can see i'd just registered last month, so i'm pretty new to this forum.
:p

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Yes try a search. The compressor will cycle... good news is that it will help keep the system "lubricated".

I am always keeping my AC off in the winter and cycle it every 2 weeks for above reason. I am unsure where a quick cyle is bad for it or not cycle I try to remember to turn off the AC before leaving the car so the next time I'm in the AC is off from the get go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts