Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know how you bridge the subs with my 4 channel amp.. but the question is.. how should i use the wires to bridge it?
some ugly example pictures...

the first drawing is using 3 set of wires.. the first set is connected to the first positive (+) and the 2nd negative (-) of my amps.. then the 2nd set of wires is connected to my first sub and the 3rd wires is connected to my second sub.. then they will be twisted together on the other side of the wires to be interconnected with the amp wires..

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now the second drawing is that 2 set of wires... first set and second set of wires is twisted and bridged with the amp and connected to each sub.

will they work the same way and come out as 2 ohm mono bridged?

i got 2 4 ohm subs..

i believe the 2nd drawing is a lot easier..

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Either diagram is the same from that perspective, the speakers are connected in parallel and impedance will be 2 ohm. Assuming the wires are the same gage, the difference could be matching the current capacity of the wires depending on the wires current capacity. The second diagram would be better if the wire current capacity is sufficient for only one speaker. But those diagrams do beg the question, how are you bridging the amp?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Both will work. But I'd go w/ drawing #2. Some questions I have for you. Is it a mono amp or a 2 ch amp? If it's a 2 ch amp, I'd double check to see if it's stable to run a 2 ohm bridge as most 2 ch amp can only run 4 ohm bridge.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nit picky

Go with the second pic but put black wire to neg and red to positive. That way if anyone else messes with your system, they know whats going on.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
amp is stable down to 1 ohm
2 channel amp. ;)
definitely will be stable down to 2 ohm mono ;)
since it says so on the specs as well.. yeah im planning to wire it with diagram two now.. seems sorta sluggish in diagram one lol..

one last question is.. should i solder my speaker wires inside the chamber to my subs and to the cups? (i know you should for better connection but asking anyway since its in my mind)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts