Nissan Murano Forum banner

Question on what tweeters to get for my dashboard.

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  bluzrip 
#1 ·
Hey, I got a Alpine Type-R SPR-69LP front speakers with bazooka amp 750W 2 Channel for the front. And I'd like to know what kind of tweeters I can add onto my dashboard with the minimal setup (possible just tap into the speaker wires for my front speakers be best).

Any cheap recommendations willl be good as well!

thanks!

#2 ·
virux said:

Any cheap recommendations willl be good as well!

thanks!

Cheap and quality are not synonyms! You either get quality or cheap! OK, there are some exceptions...;)

#4 ·
virux said:
Hey, I got a Alpine Type-R SPR-69LP front speakers with bazooka amp 750W 2 Channel for the front. And I'd like to know what kind of tweeters I can add onto my dashboard with the minimal setup (possible just tap into the speaker wires for my front speakers be best).thanks!
Virux-

What model (S, SL, SE) do you have? Base or BOSE? Have you done the documented tweeter mod yet?

-njjoe

#5 ·
Go here.

As you can see, there are prices from $29 to over $400 for pairs of tweeters. I saw a few at $49 that looked like they were pretty good.
According to this link, the front tweeters are 3/4 inch. --> Tweeter Install

Hope that helps. I have been wanting to do the same thing.....when I find time.

;)

#9 ·
if you read the ENTIRE link called Tweeter install, you will find as I said above that the stock unit is 3/4 inch. You may be able to fit it in, just look at the pics that were posted in that link to judge for yourself.

#10 ·
virux said:
I've just noticed that my new front speakers have a 1" silk dome tweeter.. If its detachable that means I can place it in the dashboard right? correct me if I'm wrong..
He was talking about:

Alpine Type-R SPR-69LP front speakers
The Alpines you have are on the short list of coaxials with anything resembling a "real" crossover on them. They use an inductor to roll off the highs on the midbass and a decent capacitor to roll off the lows going to the tweeter. To my knowledge the tweeters are not removable. No problem, as most speakers sound best when the midbass and tweeter are as close together as possible. I'd install them in the stock location and check out the sound; I suspect you will be pleased. You could leave the stock tweeters connected as they are without concern for your amp. You may find that the small amount of additional dispersion of the highs provided by these cheapo tweets works for you with the Alpines in place. If so, great! If not, simply cut one wire going to the dash tweeter on each side and insulate the cut ends with heatshrink tubing. Good luck! Let us know what you think of the sound quality provided by the Alpines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.