Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that the trip computer portion of the display goes blank after a few seconds (while driving) only when the radio is turned on.

If the radio is off, the trip computer stays up on the display allowing the info to be viewed while driving. The same thing happens with the tire pressure info and mpg etc.

It seems odd to me that we would not be able to view this info while driving when choosing to listen to the radio :!: Can anyone confirm if their Murano is doing the same thing, or am I doing something wrong or am I encountering a glitch specific to my vehicle :?:

BTW, I am very impressed with the Murano overall - I think they have done a tremendous job with this vehicle :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the standard radio and mine does the same. The space used by the trip computer functions seems to be vacant while the radio is on so why it disappears after a few seconds is beyond me. I would also like for it to stay on. I'm wondering if the Bose equipped vehicles with the slightly different display works the same?

·
Registered
255 Posts
From what I understand, this is normal operation for the stock LCD since the radio and trip computer use the same areas to display the information. On the Nav equipped Muranos the radio and HVAC information is displayed in the bottom 1" of the LCD and the map and trip computer info occupies the rest of the LCD.

·
4,664 Posts
I noticed something about mine this week....

If the radio is off and the trip computer display is on, then you turn off the ignition, next time you start the MO, it remembers the trip computer was on and displays it. But, here's the difference.... When I turn on the radio, the trip computer stays on!

It does get reset, however if I do something that forces it off. Then it's back to timing out and disappearing, when the radio's on.

Looks like a software bug (oversight) that you can take advantage of, if you're paying attention. I did this repeatedly this week. It was handy, as I was watching our milage, etc. throughout the trip.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I found anothe bug... try this.....

Start car (ensure car is not moving)
Turn on radio
Press trip 1 to be displayed
Reset trip 1
Notice that both displays remain up
Start to drive
After a few seconds the radio disappears!
A second later the trip disappears then the radio comes back

I would love to know of a way to keep both up all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts