Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.. im new to this forum and just recently bought an 06 murano S and so far im pleased with it but i noticed blue smoke comes out in the morning when started up and i use premiun fuel.. also in the morning it makes a loud clicking noise on the right side for like 2 sec. then it stops.. my friends maxima makes the same noise so was wondering if that needs attn. asap. havent had the chance to do a tune up yet but heard the plugs are hard to take out.. if anyone has done a tune up themselves please list parts..any info would be APPRECIATED!!! Thanx..:D

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Blue smoke is usually sign of oil burning which could be due to different reasons, non of them usually any good. However, some oil additives may control them.

You will have to describe the clicking sound a bit more. It maybe that oil level is low enough where the top end of the engine does not get lubricated well enough.

How many miles on your MO? The only "tune-up" items on your MO are the plugs which do not require replacement until 105k miles. Change oil and filter right away though!

·
Registered
87 Posts
like zebelkhan said blue smoke usually isn't anything good, the clicking noise sounds like something I get first thing in the morning as well and I believe is a little bit of lifter noise before the oil fully circulates after the MO has been sitting for a period of time.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The morning Lifter Tapping is pretty common in most modern fuel injected motors... My Murano kicks out a little of the blue smoke also... It only happens after sitting overnight or for a few days, so I suspect it might be some piston valve seals that have worn just enough to allow a very low amount of oil to drip into the pistons as it's sitting.... Maybe it's common in a high mileage VQ35DE ??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys the car has only 40,000 miles on it and didn't think I would have issues so soon..i have a 92 sentra se-r with 190k and doesn't smoke and runs like a dream but I'm going to start with the plugs and a oil change and see if anything changes.... If I need to do anything else feel free to chime in.. Thanks..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all.. im new to this forum and just recently bought an 06 murano S and so far im pleased with it but i noticed blue smoke comes out in the morning when started up and i use premiun fuel.. also in the morning it makes a loud clicking noise on the right side for like 2 sec. then it stops.. my friends maxima makes the same noise so was wondering if that needs attn. asap. havent had the chance to do a tune up yet but heard the plugs are hard to take out.. if anyone has done a tune up themselves please list parts..any info would be APPRECIATED!!! Thanx..:D
Found that most of the time if the engine has been taken care of, its the PCV valve sucking oil because it needs replaced. my 1st gen (04) and 2nd gen (09) did the same thing, within a couple days of replacement, it stopped.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Found that most of the time if the engine has been taken care of, its the PCV valve sucking oil because it needs replaced. my 1st gen (04) and 2nd gen (09) did the same thing, within a couple days of replacement, it stopped.
wheres the pvc valve on 2014 murano ?

·
Super Moderator
8,471 Posts
Guys, you're responding to a post from 2010....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts