Nissan Murano Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Questions and issues using my iPod in my 2012 Murano...

5K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  frankmar 
#1 ·
Using my iPod in my Murano is very frustrating. I have a huge number of albums on it. If I want to scroll through the list of them to one that starts with “S” I have to rotate the knob on the dash so many times my hand hurts getting there. Once I find one I want and start to play it, if I turn my car off and then come back from a stop, the display does not realize what album I am playing and the list starts at the beginning again! So if I want to play another album that starts with “S” I have to scroll through the damn list again. Surely they could not have made such a poor interface and I am missing something simple. Is there a way to have lists start from where you were playing from (like my iPod does itself if I carry it around)? And is there a way to QUICKLY scroll through the lists? There is nothing worse than trying to dial the knob through 5000+ songs to find #4823!
Thanks for any help.
David

#2 ·
Maybe you should classify your albums in Folders. Its easy to skip folders and then you have a list of songs in each folders.

That's how I have my USB stick set up.

Soft music
Latino
Disco
Opera and so on.

I could choose to play each folder or suffle random.

but it sure cuts down of time.

#3 ·
I have over 4000 albums on the iPod and going back to create folders/play lists would not be a fun option, though the thought is sound if I were starting from scratch. The problem is that when I bought the iPod I simply ripped all my CDs and tapes and records. Since them the original pc I did it on is long gone and I never used the iPod on another, so I have no easy/quick say to do that.

At said, someone sent me a message telling me if I hold down the arrow keys in the Murano, after a few seconds the pages run faster. That worked. It was not as nice as a way to jump from letter to letter but it greaty speeds up the seaches.

Now I want to know if it is possible to play movies/videos on the iPod on the radio/system monitor. I have not been able to so far.

David

#4 ·
I use that (keep pressed down) to skip folder. with 400 albums, you need a data base to access all those albums:21:

If I were you, I would start backing up those albums, cause if your Ipod goes dead, you lose all those albums.

I keep a copy of my USB mp3, on the laptop and desktop.

But to access either cell phone contacts or schroll mp3 music. is very slow. I think its running on a not a pentium but more likely on a AT system:cursin:

But its its not bad, better than playing a CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.