Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a used MO. (There are a few out there now.)

I have a couple questions:
1. I like the trip computer available on the base models. Can you get the same information that the base monochrome screen displays, on the color screen on models equipped with the nav system?

2. One of the idiot owners of one I'm looking at kept the nav DVD, and the rear cargo cover. I think the DVD is around $180. The Nissan dealer couldn't tell me if I could order a new cargo cover. Does anyone here know?

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
1. Not sure what you get on the non-nav screen for trip computers, but yes, you get two trip computers on the nav screen that show "engine running time", total distance driven, and average speeds. Those, of course, are separate from the two trip odometers you also get on the instrument panel. Note odometers vs computers. In over a year, I still have never used my 2nd trip computer. It shows all *'s for all entries.

2. I would be surprised if you couldn't order a new cargo cover.

Also, I believe in a recent thread, people noted that used prices are still very close to new. i.e. one car with 15k miles on it was just $1,000 less than a new one on a nearby lot.

·
Midnight Marauder
80 Posts
Sounds like the nav Trip Computer is very similar to the non-nav.

You can get a new cargo cover, just stop by your nearby nissan dealer. My new MO was missing it's cargo cover and they sent one direct from Nissan the week after I bought it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
RE: cargo cover...

Maybe wait a while before ordering a new cover unless you truly know you want one already. My has been sitting in my garage more than it has been in the mo.

I find it in the way most of the time. I know they placed it where it is because of the recline of the back seats, but I tend to put stuff in and out of the back a lot. just my 2¢. MO_808.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Watch ebay for cargo covers. None there right now, but they do show up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts