Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a little over 3100 miles on my 2006 black Murano SL.

About a coupe of weeks ago, I called our local Nissan Service Center to schedule my first oil change. They told the first oil change on the 2006 Murano isn't due till 3,700 miles but they scheduled me an appointment - May 1, 2006 (monday).

Questions I will ask the Service writer:

1. If my first oil change is not due till I reach 3,700 miles, why did my maintenance reminder sign popped up on my screen at last than 3100 miles? Looking at the setting on the screen, I see the graph shows I am close to 3,700 miles but my odemeter shows 3100 miles plus..

2. My manual says if I don't attached my seat belt, the sound of chimes will come on for six seconds. Either I have hearing loss, but I don't hear them.

3. Turning signal and lane change signal. I'm really confuse on this one. The manuel says, a turn signal, either left or right will turn off automatically. Mine doesn't. This is a new one to me - "A lane change signal where the light flashes, huh?? I thought they both are the same. Really confuse here
:confused: :confused:

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
1) Are you sure your odometer isn't set to trip A or B? Maybe your actual miles is closer to 3750.

2) Can't help you here, I always put on the seatbelt before starting the engine.

3) They are the same thing. I think all the manual is trying to say is that if you make a full turn (like turning a corner on the streets) as opposed to a lane change (where you barely move the steering wheel), the turn signal will automatically cancel, which it does (like on every other car).

Paniolo said:

About a coupe of weeks ago, I called our local Nissan Service Center to schedule my first oil change. They told the first oil change on the 2006 Murano isn't due till 3,700 miles but they scheduled me an appointment - May 1, 2006 (monday).

1. If my first oil change is not due till I reach 3,700 miles, why did my maintenance reminder sign popped up on my screen at last than 3100 miles? Looking at the setting on the screen, I see the graph shows I am close to 3,700 miles but my odemeter shows 3100 miles plus..

2. My manual says if I don't attached my seat belt, the sound of chimes will come on for six seconds. Either I have hearing loss, but I don't hear them.

3. Turning signal and lane change signal. I'm really confuse on this one. The manuel says, a turn signal, either left or right will turn off automatically. Mine doesn't. This is a new one to me - "A lane change signal where the light flashes, huh?? I thought they both are the same. Really confuse here
:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
92 Posts
1. The oil reminder can be changed to your preference. Also the Trip A & B is shown underneath the odometer.

(Manuel is not working today, he is at the May Day Rallies)

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Turn signal is a full movement of the lever until it clicks in place. It will cancel after the turn.
Lane change is when you push it half way down (or up). Your turn sigmals operate until you manually let go of the lever....

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Exactly ek.

Paniolo, what bothers me is, your turn signal doesn't click off after a full turn?

In other words you come up to a cross road and click on your turn signal lever, you turn onto the cross road and straighten out then the lever should pop back and the turn signal indicators should stop flashing. Like Eric says all cars do this.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Enforcer...

My turn signal is okay now. I'm not sure what was the circumstances when I used it. I beleive I was making a slight turn to the left (no a full turn or a lane change) and it didn't pop back. It's okay now.

I don't know if its a normal thing, but I waited almost six hours to have my 3,700 10 point maintenance including an oil change. I was told because of my type of Murano engine, it takes time completing the test.

Do you hear "chimes" in your MO? I brought this up with the Nissan Service Writer. As I said I may have lost some hearing cause I don't hear the 4-6 hours chime when I close the door and turn my ignition key.

Other than that, my baby is just fine.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Paniolo said:
Hey Enforcer...

My turn signal is okay now. I'm not sure what was the circumstances when I used it. I beleive I was making a slight turn to the left (no a full turn or a lane change) and it didn't pop back. It's okay now.

I don't know if its a normal thing, but I waited almost six hours to have my 3,700 10 point maintenance including an oil change. I was told because of my type of Murano engine, it takes time completing the test.

Do you hear "chimes" in your MO? I brought this up with the Nissan Service Writer. As I said I may have lost some hearing cause I don't hear the 4-6 hours chime when I close the door and turn my ignition key.

Other than that, my baby is just fine.
The time it took them to do the service was actually about 30 minutes - i.e. an oil change. The "checks" amount to nothing more than checking the fluid levels, which you can do at home by just opening the hood.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Eric L. said:
The "checks" amount to nothing more than checking the fluid levels, which you can do at home by just opening the hood.

Ah nothing personal but I wouldn't suggest this for Paniolo..... just a feeling. :p

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Paniolo said:
Ah no I don't. Like Eric said I think what you are referring to is the "your seat belt is not fastened" chime?

Try fastening your seat belt before starting and not fastening your seat belt and starting and see if you hear the difference.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Paniolo said:

Go into the Maintenance menu, then select engine oil.

Then you can turn on or off the notification with the bottom check box.
As far as the miles goes, you set the miles of the reminder in the second
field. Note mine is set to 0 miles, it sound like yours is set less than 3750, maybe at 3100????.
Since your was yesterday, see what it is set for now?

{click for larger image}

I hope this is what you are referencing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts