Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I'm new here and I've enjoyed reading all (well most of) of the posts.

I fell in love with the Murano when I saw the first commercial. Now I'm ready to buy one! I'm considering the SL AWD model by the way. I'm looking to add the premium package and the dynamic control system.

Questions:

I just found out today that you need to have the Touring Package in order to have the Dynamic Control System. Is that true?

Does anyone have the cloth seats? How do you like them? Do you think it "cheapens" the vehicle?

I'm not crazy about leather seats but you have to have them in order to get heated front seats....I haven't been able to look/touch the cloth seats b/c my dealership only has leather!

What's up with the packages? Why do they have to bundle things in such a way? I wouldn't mind getting the Leather Package but I don't care for a sunroof. I have one now and hardly use it. Is there any way to break up the "packages"?

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I haven't gotten my Murano, yet, but from what I've heard (and seen at the dealership) the fabric in the cloth interior is supposed to be a pretty high quality. Cloth seats don't generally need warmers in most climates. Myself, I ordered leather. I like the feel, look and durability of the leather. I like the seat warmers, too. My wife likes them more than I do, so there was no way around them. We both wanted the sunroof, so there was no question but to get the leather package. I've heard of people getting aftermarket leather installed, but make sure the installer knows about the side airbags. You may have to check www.nissanusa.com to find an answer to your first question.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
There is no way to break up the packages other than what is listed on the Nissan website. You can price out the packages individually on Edmunds.com but some options require other packages, such as Touring Package, for Stability Control. BTW I highly recommend stability control. Its one of those features that will save you from an accident in an event you cannot anticipate. As good a driver as anyone is, it is pretty difficult to outdrive the computer when you are in that split second sticky situation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the cloth seats.. and they look and feel great. I'm not a big fan of leather either...especially in Canada where the withers are super cold and the summers are super cold.

I can't help you out about the options because in Canada, you only have 2 option (either the SL or the SE).

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I have the charcoal cloth and it really looks good. Like the Nissan commercial from two years ago, "The best I've ever had". Sorry can't sing it on the post. No regrets.
Bob.

·
Registered
418 Posts
In Canada, you either get an SL(AWD) MSRP $39,700 or SE(AWD) $46,900...I think the SL a better value..hence cloth seats...heated cloth seats are great in our cold weather and from past experience, I think the cloth will be cooler in summer....they look good too...your butt doesn't slide as easily though making exit /entry a little more difficult...I hope the cloth is as durable as leather..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Cloth is probably very close in durability to leather. I've never had a problem with a cloth seat, and I really dislike leather. Leather is only durable if you take care of it. Otherwise it will dry up and crack, but that's not why I dislike it. I don't like leather because it is hot in the summer, cold in the winter, smells funny, spots, and tends to be slippery (depends on type and seat shape). I got my Murano with cloth. If you like leather though, do what you want. As long as you take care of it properly, it seems possible that it could out last a cloth seat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for your replies.

I'm going to the dealer tomorrow. I'll keep you posted on the decision.

Oh, I just thought of something else. Has anyone gotten the roof rail crossbars? If not, do you find that the roof rails are sufficient to keep things off the roof of the car?

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you intend to have anything on your roof rack, I would highly reccommend crossbars. I don't know why they are a seperate item from the roof rack. I can't think of any way to keep stuff both secure and off the roof without them. To use most roof rack accessories, you will need crossbars anyway.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Be careful about the Nissan crossbars.

They are a single mounting point design which will limit their flexibility for installing some accessories onto the crossbars.

You really should decide what your going to carry up there, then find out how flexible that particular items' (like a cargo box) mounting points are (minimum and maximum distances from front mounting point to rear mounting point) designed to ensure compatability.

I almost had a problem with flexible crossbar mounting points and a large cargo box that I bought last summer. We did get it to work but with the clearance you need to open up the back door (and not hit the box) it was pretty close.

This was my first experience with a cargo box and it was really a learning experience.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the point you brought up Dklanecky1. I hadn't thought about that.

I currently have a Rodeo and I don't usually load up things on the roof, except the occassional box spring :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I test drove the one with the Cafe Latte cloth interior, and it's really high quality. I ended up buying one with the leather interior instead (mostly because the wife wanted it) The leather feels awesome, but the cloth is high grade stuff.

I'm curious Eric L., about your comments on the Dynamic Contol... I didn't get that option... do you think it's worth the extra $$$? I guess I really didn't read up on it much.

Does anyone know where I could get a bra for my MO? I'm afraid of all those highway bugs!

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
mo_ryder said:
I test drove the one with the Cafe Latte cloth interior, and it's really high quality. I ended up buying one with the leather interior instead (mostly because the wife wanted it) The leather feels awesome, but the cloth is high grade stuff.

I'm curious Eric L., about your comments on the Dynamic Contol... I didn't get that option... do you think it's worth the extra $$$? I guess I really didn't read up on it much.

Does anyone know where I could get a bra for my MO? I'm afraid of all those highway bugs!
I think for $750 the dynamic stability control is a bargain. However, in 2003 they made you buy the $3500 option package in order to add on VDC. With VDC, the Murano has every safety feature you can have in any car short of Onstar.

I have a Colgan bra for my Murano and it is excellent. Check out their website for a picture of it. Looks great in my opinion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts