Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I pulled the caliper bracket off the driver’s side front wheel and noticed that the disk pads were tightly stuck to the bracket.

As I look at it, it looks like maybe the pads aren’t seated in the clips properly. I had a friend do it for me and am not sure he did it correctly.

You can see the tab on the retaining clip is inserted through the loop of the wear indicator.

Also, the caliper slide pin with the rubber boot is on the bottom - from what I’ve read, it seems like they are usually on the top. I do have a service guide, though, and it does show the rubber boot pin going on the bottom.

I’ve attached a couple of images showing the left front caliper and the brake pads and clips which were put on it.

Thanks very much!
You never actually asked a question, but I think these diagrams have the information you're looking for.

Product Rectangle Organism Font Parallel

Font Auto part Circle Parallel Line art

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I assume the wear sensors should both point upwards as they are in my picture?
Yes, wear sensor should be at the top.

It’s interesting- the exploded view of the brake caliper you shared shows the rubber bushing pin on top.

I have a picture for the left side front caliper which shows the rubber bushing on the bottom. Maybe the caliper brackets different?
The diagram you posted is for a single-piston brake setup. You have a dual-piston setup (...lucky you!). Nissan changed over sometime in 2011 so some cars that year have single piston (like mine) and others have dual like yours. Look at the 2012 service manuals for information on your brake system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts