Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the caliper bracket off the driver’s side front wheel and noticed that the disk pads were tightly stuck to the bracket.

As I look at it, it looks like maybe the pads aren’t seated in the clips properly. I had a friend do it for me and am not sure he did it correctly.

You can see the tab on the retaining clip is inserted through the loop of the wear indicator.

Also, the caliper slide pin with the rubber boot is on the bottom - from what I’ve read, it seems like they are usually on the top. I do have a service guide, though, and it does show the rubber boot pin going on the bottom.

I’ve attached a couple of images showing the left front caliper and the brake pads and clips which were put on it.

Thanks very much!
Font Automotive tire Screenshot Fashion accessory Auto part

Bicycle part Bumper Gas Motor vehicle Auto part
Bicycle part Bumper Gas Motor vehicle Auto part

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
You never actually asked a question, but I think these diagrams have the information you're looking for.

View attachment 54254

View attachment 54255
Thanks so much! I wasn’t able to find any picture of the brake pads installed with clips. That’s really helpful.

I assume the wear sensors should both point upwards as they are in my picture?
Font Rectangle Parallel Technology Pattern

It’s interesting- the exploded view of the brake caliper you shared shows the rubber bushing pin on top.

I have a picture for the left side front caliper which shows the rubber bushing on the bottom. Maybe the caliper brackets different?

The whole rubber bushing thing seems to be mildly controversial. Some people say they don’t really provide any benefit.

I wonder if the holes in the caliper brackets that the pins slide in are the same size for both and it’s just the pins that are different.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To change just the pads, on most cars, you need to only remove one of the slide pins and swing the caliber up off the pads. Usually if one of the pins has a rubber bushing, it goes in the swing hole.

Something doesn't look right at the top of the brake pad. I've never seen the holder tab assembly going thru what looks like the wear sensor on the brake pad. After seeing the above diagram, I guess that's how the 2nd Gen raises the pad off the rotor, when releasing the brake.

You also need to polish those pins and use a HT grease, very lightly.

Good luck.

Have a good day.
Thanks very much!

Looked weird to me too.

As it turns out, the shoulder of the metal on the pads were fused to the clip with rust which is why they were stuck.
I’ll clean them up good and apply grease between the pad tab and clip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts