Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum but I've been reading a lot lately since my 04 Murano SL has had problem upon problem lately.

It started acting funny and throwing codes. First issue was P0345 (I think) This was a Camshaft position sensor. Went ahead and replaced both sensors.

Replaced the rear sensor (closest to firewall) with the OEM Hitachi part with the metal shaft.
The front sensor is the older design with plastic shaft.
From what I could tell the correct part number for this sensor is CPS0004 but when I tried to install it the holes would not align properly for it to be secured with the 10mm bolt. I returned this part and got the plastic angled sensor.

Now my car is throwing code P1273. The car begins running rough between 25 - 45 mph and if the RPMs sit around 1250 - 1750.
It rides like a cylinder is misfiring but I haven't had any codes indicating that. It also idles rough.

I plan to replace the Air Fuel Ratio sensor this weekend. From the code and what I have read Bank 1 will need to be replaced.

This is the sensor that is reached from Beneath the vehicle?
Are any special tools needed for this job?
Can someone direct me to the correct part or the best place to buy the part? I bought my CPS sensors from Amazon but upon a quick search they didn't seem to have the A/F sensor or at least not the correct one?

Also has anyone done a video or pictorial walk through on this? I tried to do a search but didn't see it. But perhaps I just overlooked it.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Slow down man. Before changing all these sensors, if you ever disconnected your battery for over an hour, you will need to perform the idle relearn procedure. This is probably the reason for your rough idle/poor running. The diy steps is posted somewhere in the forum. Its a bit tricky due to the exact timing needed but its doable. It should improve your MOs condition. Reset the code and see if it comes back. If not then you're done. Dose your fuel tank with chevron techron fuel system cleaner concentrate 10 oz./ 10 gal. Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Slow down man. Before changing all these sensors, if you ever disconnected your battery for over an hour, you will need to perform the idle relearn procedure. This is probably the reason for your rough idle/poor running. The diy steps is posted somewhere in the forum. Its a bit tricky due to the exact timing needed but its doable. It should improve your MOs condition. Reset the code and see if it comes back. If not then you're done. Dose your fuel tank with chevron techron fuel system cleaner concentrate 10 oz./ 10 gal. Good luck.
Thanks for the heads up on the Idle Relearn Procedure.

I will give it a shot this evening once I am home from work. I certainly hope that fixes my issue.

I'll post an update tonight.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Performed Idle Relearn Procedure - No Change

Did the procedure to clear all codes and drove to the closest part store. No change in the way the car drove but no CEL.

Bought some SeaFoam fuel injector cleaner while there and added some to the tank.

Drove around the block and CEL came on. As I was pulling up to the store it flashed briefly.

They ran the codes and came back with:

P0302 - Cylinder 2 misfire
P0725 - Engine Speed Sensor

So now I have a fresh place to start. Cylinder misfire was my gut instinct but had no CEL to indicate it. Now I do.

Hoping it's just in need of new spark plugs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the forum but I've been reading a lot lately since my 04 Murano SL has had problem upon problem lately.

It started acting funny and throwing codes. First issue was P0345 (I think) This was a Camshaft position sensor. Went ahead and replaced both sensors.

Replaced the rear sensor (closest to firewall) with the OEM Hitachi part with the metal shaft.
The front sensor is the older design with plastic shaft.
From what I could tell the correct part number for this sensor is CPS0004 but when I tried to install it the holes would not align properly for it to be secured with the 10mm bolt. I returned this part and got the plastic angled sensor.

Now my car is throwing code P1273. The car begins running rough between 25 - 45 mph and if the RPMs sit around 1250 - 1750.
It rides like a cylinder is misfiring but I haven't had any codes indicating that. It also idles rough.

I plan to replace the Air Fuel Ratio sensor this weekend. From the code and what I have read Bank 1 will need to be replaced.

This is the sensor that is reached from Beneath the vehicle?
Are any special tools needed for this job?
Can someone direct me to the correct part or the best place to buy the part? I bought my CPS sensors from Amazon but upon a quick search they didn't seem to have the A/F sensor or at least not the correct one?

Also has anyone done a video or pictorial walk through on this? I tried to do a search but didn't see it. But perhaps I just overlooked it.
The same thing happen to me,change spark plugs did the ecu relearn and back to normal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts