Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IF one did not get the TPM-package when he/she bought the MO, will the multimedia display be ready to accept TPM sensor later on in the future when one gets the oem TPM sensor mounted on the wheels?

From another thread that is posted today I conclude that the electronics inside our MO is "TPM-ready", regardless whether you buy the TPM package or not in the first place. Meaning: it is ready to listen to radio wave transmission from OEM TPM sensors. When there is no sensor, it says : **. When sensors are installed on each wheels, it will detect. Am i correct?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Big question is: Is the receiving antenna installed in a non TPM vehicle. It is in the roof.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Know anybody close to you with a Murano with the TPMS installed?
No i dont.

Besides, there is a special activation protocal/sequence that must be activated before one can start receiving the radio wave from the TPM sensor. This signal sequence is perhaps unique for evey TPM sensor sets.

The reason being is maybe:

-exclusivity, nissan dont want ppl use aftermarket sensor for its own radio wave receiver, which even though the receiver is already build in, the TPM sensors are optionals.

- prevent another murano's tpm sensor read out being displayed in your multimedia screen while your murano is next to it in a parking lot or waiting for traffic light to turn green....

These are just my 2 cents...
I would be really appreciate it if someone else who have better experience with the Mo sounds their opinion...

·
Registered
719 Posts
"These are just my 2 cents...
I would be really appreciate it if someone else who have better experience with the Mo sounds their opinion..."

Relax, and try this discussion!

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1600

You might even consider spending the 19.99 to download the entire service manual for yourself.:rolleyes:

Then you could answer a lot of your questions for yourself and not have to rely on other people "who have better experience" to do the research for you!

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have the service manual..downloaded longgggg time agoo

nothing is mention regarding this ...
or maybe i have noot looked hard enough..

will do tonight... currently still working in office. (yeaah and it s saturday, i know). live sux :p

·
Registered
719 Posts
Too much work is not good!!

Check out the WT (Wheels and Tires Section) starting on page 8 and running through page 37 whcih describes the registration procedure without the infamous Consult tool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts