Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all,
can any of you guys help with reviews or anything that you know about rack and pinion offered by the website "RockAuto". I am planning on buying this part and I wanted to hear what you guys think about it. It is the least expensive (new part) that I found till now.
Thanks in advance.
Stay safe.
Murano 2012. AWD.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Greetings to all,
can any of you guys help with reviews or anything that you know about rack and pinion offered by the website "RockAuto". I am planning on buying this part and I wanted to hear what you guys think about it. It is the least expensive (new part) that I found till now.
Thanks in advance.
Stay safe.
You indicated that you want to buy a "new" part and RockAuto is only offering the Hitachi brand, which also happens to manufacture the OEM steering rack so that would be about as good as it gets without buying directly from a Nissan dealership.

Just make sure you buy the correct version for your car as there are subtle differences between the S, SL, LE etc. trim models). I would actually suggest going to an online site like Nissanpartsdeal.com and entering your VIN so you can get the correct Nissan part number and then cross-reference that to the part numbers on RockAuto (and make sure the description aligns with your car).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You indicated that you want to buy a "new" part and RockAuto is only offering the Hitachi brand, which also happens to manufacture the OEM steering rack so that would be about as good as it gets without buying directly from a Nissan dealership.

Just make sure you buy the correct version for your car as there are subtle differences between the S, SL, LE etc. trim models). I would actually suggest going to an online site like Nissanpartsdeal.com and entering your VIN so you can get the correct Nissan part number and then cross-reference that to the part numbers on RockAuto (and make sure the description aligns with your car).

View attachment 53410
Thanks for the info man. Is there a way to know if my car is a 4WD, AWD, S, SV, SL.
I need to specify that I bought my car here in Paraguay, but I have already bought other parts (control arms, stabilizer bushes, radiator, struts) from USA and they always fit. So I guess there any differences between north and south versions. So I just need to know those details to narrow my search.
Your help will be so useful.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Thanks for the info man. Is there a way to know if my car is a 4WD, AWD, S, SV, SL.
I need to specify that I bought my car here in Paraguay, but I have already bought other parts (control arms, stabilizer bushes, radiator, struts) from USA and they always fit. So I guess there any differences between north and south versions. So I just need to know those details to narrow my search.
Your help will be so useful.
Well, you say you have AWD so all the parts posted above are for AWD variants, but if your car wasn't imported from North America then I'm not certain how to tell if you have an S, SV, SL, or LE trim if it's not marked on the car somewhere. The S, SV, and SL trims used one part number and the LE used another. In the U.S., I believe the LE was the only variant that came with 20 inch rims so that may give you a clue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts